It is currently April 26th, 2024, 4:51 pm

Printer Status Lookup

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Terradin

Printer Status Lookup

Post by Terradin »

I would like to build a skin that allows me to keep an eye on printer status. I tried building one that is based on the Registry Example, but it isn't working. I finally realized that I am trying to use a DWORD and those aren't supported. I found this site which seems to have found a way to retrieve the printer status, but I am not familiar enough with programming to understand it. THe site is: http://www.pbdr.com/pbtips/ps/getprtin.htm. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Current Measure and Meter: (This is trying to look up a DWORD, which I don't think is supported)

[measurePrinterStatus8]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
RegKey=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6
RegValue=Status
UpdateDivider=3000

[meterPrinterStatus8]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=styleRightText
MeterName=measurePrinterStatus8
X=200
Y=180
W=190
H=14
Text="%1"
santa_ryan

Re: Printer Status Lookup

Post by santa_ryan »

Dwords are supported, otherwise pretty much all windows media player skins for rainmeter that display song information wouldn't be able to work.

Enclose the RegKey in qoutes. Rainmeter typically doesn't play nicely with spaces in paths/reg keys/etc. (And neither does windows for the most part) without the string encased in qoutes.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
poiru
Developer

Re: Printer Status Lookup

Post by poiru »

Could you export the keys (with regedit.exe) at "HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6" and upload them?