It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:06 am

MS Outlook 2007

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
coolkriss

MS Outlook 2007

Post by coolkriss »

Hi All,

I am a new user here. Checked a lot of Rainmeter skins but could not find atleast one which tends towards MS Outlook.
Are there any plugins or add-ons to help me with Outlook. I am looking anything with the below listed features

1. New mail alert
2. Display selected no.of mails and scrolls down as and when new mails arrive.
3. Display calendar & alert us just as outlook does. Should be able to scroll though the calendar.
4. Display notes & flagged items in outlook.

I know these are lot of features, but guessing few in here are addicted to outlook and might have already worked on this.
If yes please share with me on how i can get them on my comp.

Thanks in advance
- coolkriss
jsmorley
Developer

Re: MS Outlook 2007

Post by jsmorley »

You are not going to get this kind of capability between Rainmeter and Outlook, unless Outlook has some kind of API interface (I have no idea, I have not used Outlook since about 1998) and someone feels like writing an Outlook plugin for Rainmeter in C++ or C#.

WebParser in Rainmeter can only extract information from websites which either require no authentication, (like a news rss feed) or can be authenticated via a GET on the URL like "http://jsmorley:password@somesite.com". GMail allows this with its ATOM feed, but almost no other sites which require you to login to an "account" to use them will do so.
coolkriss

Re: MS Outlook 2007

Post by coolkriss »

Thank you jsmorley.
I am at a job which really is not the enthusiastic. Hence wanted to add some spice to the monitor to make it feel a little better than the regular boring stuff ... and all i use here is just MS tools ... and mostly it would be outlook & excel .. hence the peculiar requirement..

Thanks for your brief explanation..