It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:00 pm

Open Hardware Monitor Plugin [11-FEB-2011 V1.1]

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Serberus

Re: Open Hardware Monitor Plugin [11-FEB-2011 V1.1]

Post by Serberus »

So I finally got some time to sit down and tinker around. Thank you Chewtoy for providing a base skin. After a couple of shots Rainmeter kept crashing, but I figured it was something to do with me being a novice. After widdling the skin down to just the GPU sensor, and it still crashing, I started logging...

Code: Select all

WARNING: (00:04:23.720) OpenHardwareMonitor: Failed to connect to Open Hardware Monitor WMI service.
OpenHardwareMonitor: System Error: IDispatch error #3598
I know enough about to computers to keep my family's clean and neat. This is way over my head. I saw that there was a similar crash issue with WMI service on page 2 of the thread, but it looks it was dismissed as an issue with using a .rmskin installer file.

On a side note, I have two questions....
1. When creating the skin and putting in the mobo sensors, would I reference M2NPV-VM or ITE IT8716F?
2. Anyone know why my CPU name doesn't show? (AMD Athlon64 X2 2.81GHz) Had to stretch the column width and it showed up. Weird that it won't show partial name.
Last edited by Serberus on March 8th, 2011, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

No problems mate.

1. ITE IT8716F would be what I would use. Your ITE IT8716F would equal my Winbond W83667HG. Above that I got ASUS P5QL PRO.

2. Odd... That would mean that OHM can't read the name of the CPU... No idea how to go about that.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Serberus

Post by Serberus »

Any ideas on the error Chewtoy?
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

If you are using the same code I gave you (and you've changed the GFX variable to your card), I really don't have a clue as to what is happening.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Serberus

Post by Serberus »

So....scratch everything about the error. I'm a complete moron. After getting completely frustrated, I went back to page 1 of the thread and there is it, plain as day,
TD22057 wrote:The OpenHardwareMonitor SVN directory contains a version that was built from source on 6-FEB-2011 which contains the WMI server needed to communicate with the plugin. Once OHM releases an official version with WMI support, this will no longer be needed
I grabbed the official release off the site as I figured "it's always better to get it from the official site." Went back and grabbed the one he upped.

So, now It's working GREAT! Time to play!

Thanks again for dealing with my stupidity. Maybe next time, I'll read thoroughly. :D
Serberus

Post by Serberus »

After a day of tinkering around with something I know nothing about, I come up with something halfway decent in my opinion.
Started with JSMorely's OHMbar.ini, took a little from the Gnometer System.ini, and little from here and there. Gotta say, once I dove in, it got easier and easier.

I may have found a new hobby. :D
tatersalad32

Post by tatersalad32 »

I am trying to some GPU rainmeter skins, but both of my gpus have the same name. I have been trying to change their name in the device manager and I can't figure it out. Is there a way to specify between the 2?
Serberus

Post by Serberus »

tatersalad32 wrote:I am trying to some GPU rainmeter skins, but both of my gpus have the same name. I have been trying to change their name in the device manager and I can't figure it out. Is there a way to specify between the 2?
I don't know if it'll work, but you might try changing the names of the sensors in OHM itself. For instance:

GPU
►GPU Core1
►GPU Temp1
GPU
►GPU Core2
►GPU Temp2

See if that works.
tatersalad32

Post by tatersalad32 »

Serberus wrote: I don't know if it'll work, but you might try changing the names of the sensors in OHM itself. For instance:

GPU
►GPU Core1
►GPU Temp1
GPU
►GPU Core2
►GPU Temp2

See if that works.
I tried and it says sensor doesn't exist when I rename the sensor in OHM and the sensor in the skin.
tatersalad32

Post by tatersalad32 »

I got it to work. I renamed in OHM like i was suggested then i restarted the computer and it worked