It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 6:29 am

Finding the perfect Notes program?

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
MarwanBaki

Finding the perfect Notes program?

Post by MarwanBaki »

Hey Folks, hows it going?

Heres my problem. I got a laptop(XP) and a desktop(Win7+rainmeter) I have a sticky notes application on my laptop which works fine. I want to make those notes show up on my desktop. I also want them to be in sync together, so that if i edit one, other one gets edited too.

Its simple really, i just have to get a sticky note application on my laptop that writes straight into a text file(as it displays the note) and share that on the network and THEN use that address to the notes plugin of rainmeter.

Right? Right? Its fairly simple.

Only problem is, i can't find a damned application that displays sticky notes that also writes to a text file as that is being done.

Any ideas?
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Finding the perfect Notes program?

Post by Alex2539 »

Use Rainmeter instead of a sticky notes program? Both of the default skin suites have "Notes" skins.
ImageImageImageImage
MarwanBaki

Post by MarwanBaki »

As i woke up today i honestly considered that. But, the way rainmeter has notes makes it impossible to scroll up/down notes. I'd like that flexibility on my laptop. Basically my laptop would be where i EDIT the post it and my desktop would be where i just review it(and edit if necassary).
sea1monkey2

Post by sea1monkey2 »

i know that visual basic has a scrollbar, couldn't it be easily integrated into rainmeter, i know i has boundless uses for it... primarily in a notes skin
MarwanBaki

Post by MarwanBaki »

I wasnt aware we could use visual basic with Rainmeter? Any guides ?
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Rainmeter is written in C++ and uses GDI+