It is currently April 19th, 2024, 1:22 pm

real rss reader?

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
zakazak

real rss reader?

Post by zakazak »

hi, i know that there are alot of rss reader plugins but none is what i´m looking for :P
i would want a real rss reader plugin. not like 4 rss feeds in a small bos which shows only half of the whole title. what i would find awesome is:

an rss icon (like gnome meter 4-in1-popup). when you move the mouser over it, it will pop up the rss feed(s). But instead of a small box with max. 4 rss feeds which (as said) only show the half of the title cause the box is too small, i would like to have a fullscreen box which supports ALOT of rss feeds (like 20 or smth) and also shows the whole title (or atleast longer titles). Also it would be awesome if unread titles are marked (so titles which i havent clicked on yet).

Anyone knows an addon like this or maybe is intersted in making one? i tried around for 2 days now to expand the gnomemeter rss-feed plugin (this is the skin i use) but it doesnt work at all.

thx bb
jsmorley
Developer

Re: real rss reader?

Post by jsmorley »

You have now asked this question in about 4 different posts. Now you will wait for an answer from someone and not flood the board any further. Thanks.
zakazak

Re: real rss reader?

Post by zakazak »

ye now there isnt any place where i could additionally ask anyway :D

first i asked in the gnome thread cause i hoped for another gnomemeter rss-feed release (gnomemeter is the skin i use). then i saw someone asking for suggestions on his rss reader and someone else on his skin.. so i gave them a suggestion :D

hopefully someone will help me out