It is currently April 26th, 2024, 2:50 am

Call for a coder to build an iTunes controller

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Call for a coder to build an iTunes controller

Post by dragonmage »

Would there be a way to return a 1 or 0 for "stopped state"? That could be used to set an action to show the default image when stopped. I don't think it should be the default behavior though.
kerra

Post by kerra »

Awesome job by some of the users here. Your works are impressive. I'm planning to try if i could do this. I'll probably start later.

Regards,
Kerra
Last edited by dragonmage on October 29th, 2009, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam Link Removed
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

kerra wrote:Awesome job by some of the users here. Your works are impressive. I'm planning to try if i could do this. I'll probably start later.

Regards,
Kerra

Have fun, and as you need assistance, let us know and we will always try to help.

:welcome: to the forums 8-)
Shinryuken

Post by Shinryuken »

I was told to report this problem I've been having with the standard Rainmeter 1.1/ Enigma iTunes controller here, so here is just a copy/paste of what I noted in another thread.

The initial issue was Rainmeter freezing when iTunes was opened when one has the iTunes music controller active.

I also have this problem; it has been persisting since Rainmeter 1.0.

I am also using Rainmeter 1.1, with Vista 32-bit as my OS.

I had been using a marginally older version of iTunes and experienced these issues. I recently updated to the latest to see if it would solve the dilemma - as you can imagine, it didn't.

I would appreciate any suggestions or thoughts on how to resolve this issue.

Also, it does this no matter how I start up my computer... Returning from sleep, hibernation, normal startup, it's all the same.
technologist

iTunes plugin mods

Post by technologist »

Oops! I apparently hit "New Topic" instead of "Post a Reply" last night (what can I say, it was late). Anyway, I've posted the code changes I mentioned a couple months ago for the developers to look at and consider for inclusion in a future release of Rainmeter. Here's my post with the full details:

http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&p=15236#p15236
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

How can I get this to show the track now playing on streaming radio? Thanks.
ElectricRaptor

Post by ElectricRaptor »

While the controller is active, if you close iTunes after having played a song, iTunes freezes for a bit and then a window shows up saying that "One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface. Are you sure you want to quit?" Very annoying.

In addition, if you relaunch iTunes, the music skin does not recognize it and does not function at all...

Any solutions?
mrbaggins

Post by mrbaggins »

I don't get the relaunch issue, but I do get the "Another process is using the handles" problem.

Win 7 x64, iTunes 9.0.1
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

The issue is that this is an iTunes things, not a plugin thing. The plugin is retrieving information from iTunes scripting interface.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
maminscris

Post by maminscris »

in latest version of iTunes they "fixed" the issue with third party applications using iTunes interface, and that is why all those problems, maybe the apple will fix it again
Zero at programing, zero at writing codes, so far 2 at making images
But I'm good at copy/paste, and I not always like this