It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 12:08 pm

New Wifi Status Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Pakal

Re: New Wifi Status Plugin

Post by Pakal »

sgtevmckay, thanks you for the welcome and for intersting in my problem.

as I was reading your post, and understanding my mistake, I was thinking of the stupid guy that copy and paste ini parts without searching more. :oops:

You're right, what I want to do is to define upper case when the ssid is un lower case, it is more sexy, especially when ssid haven't sexy name.

I will make a try tomorrow and tell you more.
And for the future, I will write my config and not copy/paste :oops:

Thanks again.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Great :D

Let me know how it turns out???

Also: copy and paste is not a bad thing, just be prepared to make adjustments as needed.

I still Splice skins, so Copy and Paste is my best friend at times ;)
Pakal

Post by Pakal »

It works fine now, thanks you again, and sorry for mistake
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Apologies unnecessary ;)

It's great when it all works out.

Help others when you get a chance, and as you need help we will be here :D
Pakal

Post by Pakal »

nvme wrote:You get the errors if winlanapi is not available, which can happen if you are running something older than Win XP SP3 , or have the windows wifi service disabled ( using a third party wireless manager ). I agree that the popups can be very annoying, so i'll change the error reporting system to just return a string within the measure itself ( aka you will see "error: winlanapi not available" instead of your SSID string)
What about this work ?
Is there any chance it will be done ?

This plugin rocks, and I'm working on Windows XP SP2 (with KB918997 + MsXML6).

I already use wifi_config.exe to setup and activate favorites wlan connexction (with a script to switch between lan and wlan connection, activating one when disabling the other one : you can't be connecting twice on the same network).

Getting married my work with this plugin would be very efficient for me, and would give me a dashboard for manage lan & wlan connections on a laptop.

Thanks for the good work already done, hope I won't see the popups in the future.
sgtevmckay

NVME you are going to want to see this.

Post by sgtevmckay »

The following is a link to a question in the help forum.
http://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1329&p=9558#p9544

This individual hit an issue, you and I had discussed in the past.
He has way too many available spots in his local area and the list over flows the skin design area.

Thoughts?
Chaos_Reign

Post by Chaos_Reign »

NVME

a few proposals
1.) How much trouble would it be to institute value upon a confirmed connection?
You have the availability to measure quality as percentage.

example:

Code: Select all

WifiInfoType=connection
This would return a simple
  • "0" for no connectivity
    "1" for a confirmed connection.
2.) Can a measure value be created to return a measure as Decibel (Db) as well?

I await your answer

I thank you for your work on this most valuable update
nvme
Developer

Post by nvme »

Been pretty busy so I havent had a chance to make any updates on this yet. I should be able to fix the popups issue easily, and im also going to be looking at the APs overflow issue. Look for a new build here sometime next week.

@Chaos:
1) I think the API returns a Signal Strength of 0 if you are disconnected, so you can just use a substitution to replace a 0 with "disconnected" and anything else with "connected".
2) From the API :
Signal Qualty: A percentage value that represents the signal quality of the network. WLAN_SIGNAL_QUALITY is of type ULONG. This member contains a value between 0 and 100. A value of 0 implies an actual RSSI signal strength of -100 dbm. A value of 100 implies an actual RSSI signal strength of -50 dbm. You can calculate the RSSI signal strength value for wlanSignalQuality values between 1 and 99 using linear interpolation.
So you can just use a CALC meter to interpolate back to dbm.
nvme
Developer

Post by nvme »

Well I have the AP list overflow issue sorted out, but there's a memory leak somewhere that I couldn't find. Ill try and fix that tomorrow and post a new build.

EDIT: nevermind, just found the leak and fixed it. All that remains to be done now is printing errors to the log file instead of giving popups, which i am not sure how to do. Does anyone know if it is possible for plugins to print to the rainmeter log files, or is that reserved for the main program?
Ill post a new build tomorrow with all the fixes.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Webparser prints to the log file, so you might check its source to see how its doing it.
ImageImageImageImage