It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:19 pm

SendTweet - Input and send "Tweets" from your Rainmeter skin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
jsmorley
Developer

Re: SendTweet - Input and send "Tweets" from your Rainmeter skin

Post by jsmorley »

cralor wrote:What's the correct path for this?

C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Skins\SendTweet?

or

C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Skins\*CONTENTS OF SendTweet FOLDER*

Thank you :)
Ah wait. You mean where to put the skin..

Should be:

C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Skins\SendTweet\individual files here
cralor

Post by cralor »

Ok I got thing to work, but now there is the "display" and then the real "input box" seperate.

http://i39.tinypic.com/b69850.png

Thanks.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

cralor wrote:Ok I got thing to work, but now there is the "display" and then the real "input box" seperate.

http://i39.tinypic.com/b69850.png

Thanks.
If you have the latest version on DevArt or here:

http://www.redirectwebhosting2.com/ghall/share/SendTweet.zip

You can just Click the input box, hold down CTRL and move the input box with the mouse or arrow keys. Once you do, it will save that location so you won't have to move it again unless you move the underlying skin.

I just added that capability this morning, so be sure you have the newest one.
cralor

Post by cralor »

Ok I read something about that but I was a little unsure what to do.

Thank you for your continued help around the boards!
cralor

Post by cralor »

Oh, can I make some feature suggestions?

1) Prevent input box from showing on top of everything (happens to show through my Firefox window and such)

2) Hide UNTIL mouse-over. I don't know why this is not in Rainmeter. Rainmeter only has "hide on mouseover" How is that useful? :D Maybe the input box could hide with it.

And a question:
If I wanted just the input box by itself, do I need the .ini file at all?

Thank you.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

cralor wrote:Oh, can I make some feature suggestions?

1) Prevent input box from showing on top of everything (happens to show through my Firefox window and such)

2) Hide UNTIL mouse-over. I don't know why this is not in Rainmeter. Rainmeter only has "hide on mouseover" How is that useful? :D Maybe the input box could hide with it.

And a question:
If I wanted just the input box by itself, do I need the .ini file at all?

Thank you.
1) I have it set to "topmost" to ensure it doesn't go "behind" the skin if you click on it, then accidentally click on the skin. It does mean it will jump in front of other windows you move in front of it though. It's a tradeoff...

2) I can't hide it "until mouseover" as the application isn't even running until you mouse over or click something in the skin. The skin itself actually runs RainInput.exe which puts up the input box.

3) Sure. You can run RainInput.exe by itself with no skin at all. Just puts an input box on the screen and lets you enter data to send to another program. At the end of things, that's all the program does anyway. You are using the skin for: 1) a way to "launch" RainInput by using an !execute action, and 2) to have a way to wrap the cosmetics YOU want around the input box.
redblack

Post by redblack »

This is fantastic Mr Morley, with or without the rainmeter integration (or illusion thereof :))

If one had a program to use gmail from a command line, do you think one could create a desktop email composition form? Or is it a bit more complex than that??

I'm not much of a twitter fan either, do you perceive any other uses for your clever little exe?
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

If you do a little research, I'm pretty sure I saw info somewhere on starting a gmail by commandline.

@jsmorley does "Bottom" make Rainmeter configs disappear in Vista/7? If not the skin could be set to Bottom and then RainInput could be set as normal, so it doesn't stay over other windows.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dragonmage wrote:If you do a little research, I'm pretty sure I saw info somewhere on starting a gmail by commandline.

@jsmorley does "Bottom" make Rainmeter configs disappear in Vista/7? If not the skin could be set to Bottom and then RainInput could be set as normal, so it doesn't stay over other windows.
No, "Bottom" works just fine in Vista/Seven. It's "Desktop" that doesn't work...

And yes, that would work ok to set the skin to "bottom" and then RainInput would never go "behind". The problem was, I couldn't "assume" people would do that, so to be safe I have RainInput forced to "top".
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

redblack wrote:This is fantastic Mr Morley, with or without the rainmeter integration (or illusion thereof :))

If one had a program to use gmail from a command line, do you think one could create a desktop email composition form? Or is it a bit more complex than that??

I'm not much of a twitter fan either, do you perceive any other uses for your clever little exe?
RainInput can be used to run ANY program which accepts command line input. It can certainly be used outside of Rainmeter, really Rainmeter is just being used as a way to wrap cosmetics around it on your desktop in this case.

Trouble with a gmail use is that RainInput accepts one line of input only, so it would be difficult to force it to gather the "To", "Subject" and "body" information, separate those things and pass them properly to a command line gmail client.