It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:13 pm

[IDEA] Rainmeter Theme Loader

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
dragonmage
Developer

[IDEA] Rainmeter Theme Loader

Post by dragonmage »

EDIT: 4.20.09 - Moved to more appropriate forum.

I picture an app that would manage multiple rainmeter.ini files.

SAVE THEME

You would set Rainmeter up, then run this app.

A dialog would open with a list of saved themes, load and save buttons.

Click save and another dialog opens that asks for a name for the theme.

Enter <themename>, hit Ok.

The app then creates a folder inside the previously created Themes folder in the Rainmeter dir, with the <themename>you entered as the folder name.

Copies the rainmeter.ini into the new folder.

It sets that <themename> as the current theme. (This is needed so that when you change themes, the app knows where to copy your current rainmeter.ini to before it copies the new one in.)

LOAD THEME

Run app.

Select theme in list, hit Ok.

The app closes Rainmeter

The app then copies the current rainmeter.ini to the correct <themename> folder.

Then copies the rainmeter.ini from the theme you selected to the rainmeter dir.

Then starts Rainmeter.

This way you can change your whole setup with a few clicks. If you are using Rainmeter portably you can save themes for different resolutions. If you wanted to have different setups depending on tasks you are working on you could.

The ThemeLoader app should also allow commandline operation. You could then use batch files and such change themes.
sgtevmckay

Re: [IDEA] Rainmeter Theme Loader

Post by sgtevmckay »

With this post, i feel that you have made this the official first post, plus it is the deciding factor on being the new forum for us Raineers.

Congrats Harris
fediafedia

Post by fediafedia »

That's a great idea! It would be similar to what DesktopX does - a loader with snapshots of how the configs would look like. Only too bad DesktopX sucks.
vitasimplex

Post by vitasimplex »

As a workaround option that exists within the capabilities of Rainmeter, you can do that as a config. I actually did this a little bit ago. The code is below, the idea being that you can launch the in files via a bang command. I haven't seen many skins that utilize this command as it is kind of tricky to get working properly.

Skin-Crudus-----------------------
Omega Button
;--------------------------
[MeterBorder]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=0
W=100
H=900
Solidcolor=0,0,0,255
Solidcolor2=0,0,0,0
Gradientangle=0

;-Button Refresh-----------------------------------------------------

[MeterRefresh]
Meter=IMAGE
X=30
Y=885
W=15
H=15
SolidColor=0,0,0,100
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterRefresh]

[MeterTextRefresh]
Meter=String
X=30
Y=885
FontColor=255,255,255
StringStyle=BOLD
FontSize=10
StringAlign=Left
FontFace=Webdings
Antialias=1
Text==

;-Buttons Show--------------------------------------------------------

[MeterUp]
Meter=IMAGE
X=60
Y=885
W=15
H=15
SolidColor=0,0,0,225
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterActivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\01-Local" "Text Below.ini"][!RainmeterActivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\02-News" "Text Below.ini"][!RainmeterActivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\03-Hobby" "Text Below.ini"][!RainmeterActivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\04-Entertainment" "Text Below.ini"][!RainmeterActivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\05-Technology" "Text Below.ini"][!RainmeterActivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\06-Gmail" "gmail.ini"][!RainmeterActivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\01-System\Info" "Sysinfo.ini"][!RainmeterActivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\01-System\Meters" "Meters.ini"][!RainmeterActivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\02-Time" "Time.ini"][!RainmeterActivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\03-Weather" "Weather.ini"]

[MeterTextUp]
Meter=String
X=60
Y=885
FontColor=255,255,255
StringStyle=BOLD
FontSize=10
StringAlign=Left
FontFace=Wingdings 3
Antialias=1
Text=p

;-Buttons Hide-----------------------------------------------

[ButtonDown]
Meter=IMAGE
X=0
Y=885
W=15
H=15
SolidColor=255,255,255,255
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\01-Local" "Text Below.ini"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\02-News" "Text Below.ini"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\03-Hobby" "Text Below.ini"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\04-Entertainment" "Text Below.ini"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\05-Technology" "Text Below.ini"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\06-Feeds\06-Gmail" "gmail.ini"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\01-System\Info" "Sysinfo.ini"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\01-System\Meters" "Meters.ini"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\02-Time" "Time.ini"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "Rainmeter-Crudus\03-Weather" "Weather.ini"]

[MeterTextDown]
Meter=String
X=0
Y=885
FontColor=0,0,0
StringStyle=BOLD
FontSize=10
StringAlign=Left
FontFace=Wingdings 3
Antialias=1
Text=q

You could use this skin and replace it with your existing files and it should work. But I agree that it would be nice to have something within the menu that allows you to check a box for the configs that you want to apply a theme to and have a method of executing them without having to write out all of the code.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

That would work so long as you wanted the configs in the same positions all the time.

However, with swapping out the rainmeter.ini files it would allow you to have configs in different places if needed. This would allow you to (once multi-monitor is all worked out) change your setup from single to multi-monitor without having to manually position configs each time.

Also, if you use DesktopWorkArea (I do) that setting is stored in rainmeter.ini. So if you needed to have a different work area size, you could do that with the theme switcher.

The above method works, but has limitations that can be bypassed by swapping the rainmeter.ini files.
vitasimplex

Post by vitasimplex »

As I said in the first sentence, "as a workaround", workaround meaning not the best method but one that works under the given circumstances. It would be great if it had a set-up similar to CD Art Display, the more I think about it, it would cover a great deal of the optional elements that exist in Rainmeter. But half the fun is getting into the guts of it and making it your own.

Does anyone know of a skin that has utilized these two commands:

!RainmeterMove [X] [Y] (Config)
Moves the window to new location.

!RainmeterZPos [POS] (Config)
Changes the z-position of the window. -2 = OnDesktop, -1 = OnBottom, 0 = Normal, 1 = OnTop, 2 = Topmost.

I imagine you could use these to get the same effect, but extending the "X=" to a large number that would represent the other monitor.

Update:
So I tried this out in a couple of different ways and the windows can be dragged, they do not have to stay in the same position. If you make a dual monitor folder and a single monitor folder, you can do this type of a set up and have it work on two monitors. No need to get into the rainmeter.ini file at all.