• This plugin only supports systems based on Windows NT
  • This plugin only supports Intel CPU
  • Waiting...
Instruction:
  • Decompression
  • Select the bits of plug-ins according to rainmeter bits
  • Copy(CPUTemp.dll) to rainmeter's plugins folder or user plugins folder
  • Making .ini configuration file
  • Use the task scheduler to make Rainmeter run with the administrator privilege at boot time
  • Start using it happily :D
CPUTemp.zip
github:https://github.com/jmdyz/CPUTemp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jmdyz on August 2nd, 2020, 12:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lssg97

Re: Plugin:CoreTemp2.dll

Post by Lssg97 »

It works perfectly on my computer and does not require other applications. :thumbup: :rosegift:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jmdyz wrote: July 29th, 2020, 6:44 am Plugin:CoreTemp.dll
Rainmeter includes a CoreTemp plugin. It perfectly work. Does this plugin has any advantages in front of the built-in plugin?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: July 29th, 2020, 2:21 pm Rainmeter includes a CoreTemp plugin. It perfectly work. Does this plugin has any advantages in front of the built-in plugin?
This plugin does not require that CoreTemp.exe be installed or running.

It has some limitations, in that it is only for Intel CPU's, and it makes me a bit nervous to distribute Ring0 system drivers. It has to be manually installed, as Rainmeter has no ability to distribute anything other than a single 32bit/64bit .dll library for a plugin with a .rmskin. That is by design...

I strongly recommend that this NOT be installed in the Plugins folder under the Rainmeter program folder if you have a standard installation, but installed in %APPDATA%\Rainmeter\Plugins. The Program Files location for Rainmeter is intended for items distributed with Rainmeter, and nothing else, unless you are running Rainmeter in "portable" mode.

But for those who have Intel, and simply want to display the CPU temperature and no other sensor information, this might be a nice alternative.

It's actually a bit unfortunate that the name used is CoreTemp2.dll, as I can see some confusion with the CoreTemp program, and the CoreTemp plugin included with Rainmeter. I wish it had a more unique name.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 2:26 pm This plugin does not require that CoreTemp.exe be installed or running.
:o Really? :o It might be an advantage, if it indeed does work so.
jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 2:26 pm It has some limitations, in that it is only for Intel CPU's,
Great disadvantage, at least in my opinion!!! This means that a skin using this plugin is not for everyone. Many won't be able to use it. Not a good omen...
jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 2:26 pm I strongly recommend that this NOT be installed in the Plugins folder under the Rainmeter program folder if you have a standard installation, but installed in %APPDATA%\Rainmeter\Plugins. The Program Files location for Rainmeter is intended for items distributed with Rainmeter, and nothing else, unless you are running Rainmeter in "portable" mode.
In my opinion, it should be installed as all other plugins: through a skin installer, which includes the plugin as well.
jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 2:26 pm It's actually a bit unfortunate that the name used is CoreTemp2.dll, as I can see some confusion with the CoreTemp program, and the CoreTemp plugin included with Rainmeter. I wish it had a more unique name.
Yes, the author should definitely rename it.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote: July 29th, 2020, 3:43 pm In my opinion, it should be installed as all other plugins: through a skin installer, which includes the plugin as well.
Can't be. It requires that some Ring0 system drivers be in the same folder with the .dll, and a .rmskin can't do that.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 4:32 pm Can't be. It requires that some Ring0 system drivers be in the same folder with the .dll, and a .rmskin can't do that.
Alright. Didn't study the plugin so far, just supposed it can.
jmdyz

Post by jmdyz »

jsmorley wrote: July 29th, 2020, 4:32 pm Can't be. It requires that some Ring0 system drivers be in the same folder with the .dll, and a .rmskin can't do that.
I have integrated the .sys file into the .dll file now.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Plugin:CPUTemp.dll

Post by jsmorley »

jmdyz wrote: July 30th, 2020, 10:24 am I have integrated the .sys file into the .dll file now.
Thanks for doing that, and for renaming the plugin to CPUTemp.
marred

Re: Plugin:CPUTemp.dll

Post by marred »

Thank you!