It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:06 am

Error with DLLExporter.exe

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Azthenix

Error with DLLExporter.exe

Post by Azthenix »

Shows an error while building a plugin. I am using the tutorial for creating a plugin and this error shows up.

EXEC : DllExporter error : ilasm.exe not found

Edit:
I'm using Visual Studio 2019
Azthenix

Re: Error with DLLExporter.exe

Post by Azthenix »

dvo wrote: June 24th, 2020, 12:20 pm Ilasm.exe (IL Assembler) not installed? :o
I have it installed and I can run it on Developer CMD for Visual Studio

it's location is on C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319
Azthenix

Post by Azthenix »

It's fixed. IDK what happened it just fixed itself.

My guess though is that I needed 2.0 SDK or framework for .NET. I installed this around the time when I was having the error but when I checked on the cmd it didn't show when I used dotnet --list-sdks on the cmd. So I gave up, but after a few days I checked my SDKs again and it showed up and I can now build the plugin. I must've needed to restart the pc to use the SDK.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Glad you got it worked out.

I just checked the source, and it does specifically ask for .NET v2.0.
https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter/blob/master/Build/DllExporter/Program.cs#L178

At some point, we should upgrade that to at least v3.5 since that comes with Windows 7. Or, when we drop for Windows 7 (yes, it's coming), we could just default it to v4.6 (for Windows 10).

-Brian
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Brian wrote: June 24th, 2020, 6:02 pm Glad you got it worked out.

I just checked the source, and it does specifically ask for .NET v2.0.
https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter/blob/master/Build/DllExporter/Program.cs#L178

At some point, we should upgrade that to at least v3.5 since that comes with Windows 7. Or, when we drop for Windows 7 (yes, it's coming), we could just default it to v4.6 (for Windows 10).

-Brian
I don't think .NET 3.5 is installed by default with Windows 10 anymore, although it does "come with" the installation.

If you search for "Windows Features" from the Start menu, you can use that to add .NET 3.5, which includes 2.0 as a part of it.

2.png

But I agree, once we throw Windows 7 under the bus, we should upgrade all the C# stuff to use the latest 4.x version of .NET that comes with Windows 10.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.