It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:43 pm

Question about building plugins

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Cariboudjan

Re: Question about building plugins

Post by Cariboudjan »

Damn it. I guess that's a dead end then. I need to use that to set a workarea. I thought I could use Rainmeter itself as a conduit.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Cariboudjan wrote: December 28th, 2019, 2:34 pm Damn it. I guess that's a dead end then. I need to use that to set a workarea. I thought I could use Rainmeter itself as a conduit.
Well, you are way outside my wheelhouse at this point. Perhaps there is another library that need to be included in the project files to use the system.windows stuff.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

Well, it makes sense. My addon is basically an invisible window that sits overtop of a Rainmeter skin. I'm currently using command prompt bangs to set the window's size/position, to keep it aligned with the skin. If I can't create a window then I can't have it reserve work area. I'll just have to refine my exe addon to make it a bit less of an eyesore.

Right now I mainly have the issue where people do not trust exes (even though it doesn't generate any false positives from antivirus software). Ideally I'd like it to work within Rainmeter but if that's not possible then I'll just have to make due.