It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:34 am

DarkContextMenu

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
oZone

Re: DarkContextMenu

Post by oZone »

mak_kawa wrote: April 25th, 2020, 5:48 am Hi oZone

Thank you for providing a nice plugin. Really appreciate.

I have confirmed that the tooltip of my skin is shown in dark mode with Tooltip=1 option. But it seems to be effective for only a skin in which DarkMode plugin is set.

Is there a way to make dark tooltip valid in all skin loaded as the DarkMode=1 option? Do I need to set plugin measure with the option in all skin?
Only skin which have measure with plugin is affected.

There is a way to make plugin to affect all skins, but it was unreliable, because later loaded or refreshed skins wouldn't be affected. There is also issue when you have dynamically created tooltips, you have to use DynamicVariables=1, but this would make plugin resource heavy.

So I decided to make it per skin.
You could make file darktips.inc

Code: Select all

[DarkModeTips]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=DarkContextMenu
DarkMode=1
Tooltips=1
UpdateDivider=-1
and then add @IncludeDarkTips="path to darktips.inc" to skins you want to have dark styled tooltips
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi oZone

Thank you for reply. Understood your decision. I will configure my skin set as you said.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi oZone

I noticed that the Tooltips=1 option make my tooltips in DarkMode, really neat. But...in the tooltip of TooltipType=1 (baloon-shape), "leader" part of the baloon tooltip is not dark, see the attached image.
Untitled-3.png
Is this a known limitation?
oZone

Post by oZone »

mak_kawa wrote: April 27th, 2020, 9:46 am Hi oZone

I noticed that the Tooltips=1 option make my tooltips in DarkMode, really neat. But...in the tooltip of TooltipType=1 (baloon-shape), "leader" part of the baloon tooltip is not dark, see the attached image.
Is this a known limitation?
Yes, MS implemented only necessary styles to have dark mode explorer, and IIRC only up 2 lines ballon tips will work correctly.

There are still lot of GUI which aren't dark styled, for example Control Panel, tray icons tooltips, ...
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi oZone

Thank you for clarification.

Yes, I also had noticed that the Tooltips=1 option of DarkContextMenu doesn't work on tooltip with 1 or 2 lines text. I acknowledged that it is caused from MS's implementation.