It is currently April 19th, 2024, 5:55 am

AIMP2 [Solved]

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
^(-.-)^

AIMP2 [Solved]

Post by ^(-.-)^ »

Hi,

Is it possible to create a plugin for AIMP2 similar to iTunes or winamp??
If someone don't know what is AIMP2 here is their site http://www.aimp2.us/

Cheers
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: AIMP2 [Question]

Post by Alex2539 »

It seems pretty unlikely that anyone would code a plugin for some random media player on request. Even less so since it seems that it is a closed-source application with no API. Unless there's some way to control it via the command line, you seem to be out of luck.

Fortunately it looks like it's completely skinnable, so you should be able to find or create a look for it that matches your style.
ImageImageImageImage
^(-.-)^

Post by ^(-.-)^ »

Alex2539 wrote:It seems pretty unlikely that anyone would code a plugin for some random media player on request. Even less so since it seems that it is a closed-source application with no API. Unless there's some way to control it via the command line, you seem to be out of luck.

Fortunately it looks like it's completely skinnable, so you should be able to find or create a look for it that matches your style.
I don't want to skin it =). I want to use it as iTunes or winamp into rainmeter, I dont wanna install iTunes cause this application just eat more of RAM and winamp also, this AIMP2 use less of proces and RAM so....
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

^(-.-)^ wrote: I don't want to skin it =). I want to use it as iTunes or winamp into rainmeter, I dont wanna install iTunes cause this application just eat more of RAM and winamp also, this AIMP2 use less of proces and RAM so....
Understandable.
But if you want to be realistic and be able to have a player that you can use in rainmeter - you should change to winamp, foobar or iTunes.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
kenz0
Developer

Post by kenz0 »

AIMP2 is actually compatible with Winamp.
Even if we do not have special plugin for AIMP2, most of AIMP2 will be able to be used from Winamp skins.
^(-.-)^

Post by ^(-.-)^ »

kenz0 wrote:AIMP2 is actually compatible with Winamp.
Even if we do not have special plugin for AIMP2, most of AIMP2 will be able to be used from Winamp skins.
Im sorry but we are not talking about how to skin winamp or aimp, we are talking about using plugin for AIMP2 .
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

^(-.-)^ wrote: Im sorry but we are not talking about how to skin winamp or aimp, we are talking about using plugin for AIMP2 .
What he is saying is that many Rainmeter SKINS made for Winamp may also work fairly well with AIMP2 as it is somewhat a clone of Winamp.

I have never tried, nor care to, but you might test that out.
tru

Post by tru »

js appears to be correct as usual. I downloaded aimp2 and it appears to work fine with the winamp skin I'm using. 8-)
^(-.-)^

Post by ^(-.-)^ »

tru wrote:js appears to be correct as usual. I downloaded aimp2 and it appears to work fine with the winamp skin I'm using. 8-)
Really? ;P I should try then ^^
tru

Post by tru »

^(-.-)^ wrote: Really? ;P I should try then ^^

Well , allll righty then :clap: