It is currently April 18th, 2024, 5:10 am

POP3 server email reader recommendations?

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
optical10

POP3 server email reader recommendations?

Post by optical10 »

I don't use Gmail as my ISP provides a good alternative. When i search in the Enigma Config I can't see another email reader?
Can you peops point me in the right direction?

Any help appreciated. :)
jsmorley
Developer

Re: POP3 server email reader recommendations?

Post by jsmorley »

optical10 wrote:I don't use Gmail as my ISP provides a good alternative. When i search in the Enigma Config I can't see another email reader?
Can you peops point me in the right direction?

Any help appreciated. :)
An email skin in Rainmeter will only work if your ISP provides an RSS or Atom feed that can be access by putting the userID and password on the URL line in a GET, like:

Code: Select all

http://myemail.com/rss?user=bob&password='syouruncle
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

found this for you hope it helps http://files.customize.org/download/files/44652/simple_mail1-0.zip
respect to the auther.

hope this helps
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that the third party plugin included no longer works.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

i just remembered i heard that before.
in any case if one where to regester with gmail it can pull messages from your pop3 accounts so they will be displayed in your gmail skin
there is also the option to delete them or not from your other accounts
(this is how i moniter my live and hotmail accounts)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

wasky1 wrote:i just remembered i heard that before.
in any case if one where to regester with gmail it can pull messages from your pop3 accounts so they will be displayed in your gmail skin
Correct. This is a little known but useful way of getting Rainmeter to display the counts of any POP3 enabled email system by using settings under "Account" in a GMail account you create that just "pulls" your emails from the POP3 system into GMail. Then you can use any of the dozens of email checkers written for Rainmeter that use GMail.
optical10

Post by optical10 »

wasky1 wrote:i just remembered i heard that before.
Thanks, it seems to be the best way to go so G mail it is!

Looks like he's gonna take a couple of days to download my messages but I can always play with the ones on the desktop. Is it possible to right click on the message header on the desktop and delete from the desktop instead of going into my G mail account in a browser?

Once again thank you very much for your assistance.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

optical10 wrote: Thanks, it seems to be the best way to go so G mail it is!

Looks like he's gonna take a couple of days to download my messages but I can always play with the ones on the desktop. Is it possible to right click on the message header on the desktop and delete from the desktop instead of going into my G mail account in a browser?

Once again thank you very much for your assistance.
No, it is not possible to interact with GMail via Rainmeter other than pulling the count of new messages.
optical10

Post by optical10 »

jsmorley wrote: An email skin in Rainmeter will only work if your ISP provides an RSS or Atom feed that can be access by putting the userID and password on the URL line in a GET, like:

You think you for your quick reply. The vendor I'm going to have a master e-mail reader for my new G mail account you youboth suggested that I created to pull my various accounts. However I have one specific pop 3 that I use for network administration alerts so I would like to dedicate one specific reader to this account.

So I'm gonna take up your suggestion to create a "URL line in a GET, like:

So as this is my first time I'm in need of your assistance. As I have used the default G mail configuration in enigma for the above master reader in the "enigma config view" can I just use one of the RSS configs or do I need to import another G mail config ini?

If I do need to import another G mail config ini into the default enigma folder I feel that I'm getting to the stage that all my tweaks and configs alterations warrant a new folder with a name I have given the theme so far, "My Wing Firefox + KiiD Darkwood".

Why has this saved theme not not already created A a new folder with its name when when I browse the themes folder?

Do I have to manually create a new theme folder with this name as I want all future tweaks to be backed up into a new location?

Once again thanking you for your assistance and I and I have to say that I'm a little bit smitten (data love is so wrong - LOL) with this program especially when I compare it to the also excellent Samurize.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

if you want to try a different gmail reader heres mine http://wasky1.deviantart.com/art/Gmail-reader-154762659
youll find it easier to edit i think and all your unread email will be displayed with or without subjects and you can click each message and go straight to them in your inbox completely bypassing your inbox. its not exactly deleting them from your desktop but its half way there.