It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:15 pm

UsageMonitor Discussions

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
BobJax097

Re: UsageMonitor Discussions

Post by BobJax097 »

I installed Rainmeter yesterday and started using the skin Rainformer 2.3 HWiNFO Edition by Pul53dr1v3r. I have an issue on his CPU-RAM skin that the Core Usage does not display, nor does the Read/Write graph on his Disk skin. I have been in contact with him all day yesterday trying to figure out the problem and it seems to have come down to the UsageMonitor.dll. Now he has tested on a machine with Windows 10 ver 1903, same as me, and it all seems to work fine for him. I have removed and re-installed Rainmeter twice, and the Rainformer 2.3 skin package twice with the same results. I have tried running Rainmeter as Administrator, still no Core Usage display or Disk Read/Write display. Now for the disks it does display the correct "Used" and "Free" storage amounts.

I was wondering if there is something else that I can use to test to see if the UsageMonitor.dll is working or not, or if it is something else in my system? I have already done a sfc check with no errors noted.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Try running these commands "As administrator" from the command line:
cd c:\windows\system32
lodctr /R
cd c:\windows\sysWOW64
lodctr /R
BobJax097

Post by BobJax097 »

Ok, running lodctr /R from the c:\windows\system32 directory resulted in the following error:

Error: Unable to rebuild performance counter setting from system backup store, error code is 2

Running lodctr /R from the c:\windows\SysWOW64 directory resulted in no errors:

Info: Successfully rebuilt performance counter setting from system backup store

I am seeing read/write info for the C drive widget now. Thanks.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

BobJax097 wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 8:41 pm Ok, running lodctr /R from the c:\windows\system32 directory resulted in the following error:

Error: Unable to rebuild performance counter setting from system backup store, error code is 2

Running lodctr /R from the c:\windows\SysWOW64 directory resulted in no errors:

Info: Successfully rebuilt performance counter setting from system backup store

I am seeing read/write info for the C drive widget now. Thanks.
Just run those commands again until you don't get errors.