It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:33 am

Winamp plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Jan3A1r

Re: Winamp plugin

Post by Jan3A1r »

Hi everyone! I accidentally remembered I have posted my plugin here))

Could anyone please sum up if there are any actual problems (after putting all the .dlls where they should be and changing winamp caption mode) so that I can fix them... Thx)
Jan3A1r

Post by Jan3A1r »

Ah, well, I'm not sure but probably I made some severe changes to code and forgot to upload a new version...
My fault... Anyway, I'm using this version of plugin for two weeks already and have experienced no problems (winamp 5.56).

Please, someone, give it a try and if you experience bugs, please write your OS, winamp version and the steps to reproduce a crash/bug (no dumps, 'cause in the case of this plugin they are almost useless).

http://depositfiles.com/files/e94jmczsq

Cheers)
Rawr

Post by Rawr »

[EDIT]

Working again.
Fossil

Post by Fossil »

Plugin seems to have crashed my Rainmeter, causing me to have to reinstall.
Sylvane

Post by Sylvane »

Jan3A1r wrote:Ah, well, I'm not sure but probably I made some severe changes to code and forgot to upload a new version...
My fault... Anyway, I'm using this version of plugin for two weeks already and have experienced no problems (winamp 5.56).

Please, someone, give it a try and if you experience bugs, please write your OS, winamp version and the steps to reproduce a crash/bug (no dumps, 'cause in the case of this plugin they are almost useless).

http://depositfiles.com/files/e94jmczsq

Cheers)
Thanks for the updated plugin, that's stopped the crashes on mine too. :)

I'm not getting album art out of it yet, but that could be something in the skin or it's just unable to find album art for whatever I'm listening to, I'll investigate that later.
DeviantArt Profile - http://rasylver.deviantart.com/
elcoyoteloco

Post by elcoyoteloco »

Good plugin, thanks for the hard work. :)

My only complaint - and it's a deal breaker - is the caption syntax requirement. I almost always have Winamp's playlist window open, with just artist/album/tracknumber/title displayed, which makes it very easy for me to keep track of what's playing when. Changing it to your syntax puts way too much info in the playlist window, making it very difficult for me to read.

If there's a way to get this plugin working independant of changing Winamp's caption syntax, I'll definitely use it. Otherwise I'll have to stick with CD Art Display - which is an excellent program, but I would prefer to use just Rainmeter.

Maybe there's a way for the plugin to just directly "read" the currently playing song's ID3 tag? Then we could write configs that display as much or as little info as we want.

Thanks again. :) This is otherwise an excellent effort, adding a functionality to Rainmeter that's long overdue, imho.