It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:30 am

Argus Monitor plugin 1.1.0.1

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
ald0pe

Re: Argus Monitor plugin 1.1.0.1

Post by ald0pe »

Ahnìon wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 8:09 pm The sources in the Fans section of the example skin work for me. What is it you're trying to do exactly?

(I'm only using two fan connectors. The one listed as "Temp2" has a powered hub connected and controls several fans.)
Im Sorry! I mean GPU Fan Speed which is not listed on the demos

But I found it!

Code: Select all

ArgusType=GPUFanRPM
Unfortunatelly I couldn't find the percent pwm value but I think I can do a calculated attempt.

Sry but I have 3 days using rainmetter and obviosly I have much to learn!

Thanks and excuse my poor english
ald0pe

Post by ald0pe »

Ahnìon wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 8:09 pm What is it you're trying to do exactly?

Im editing the illustro skin to fit my needs. I have this so far

Ahnìon

Post by Ahnìon »

ald0pe wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 8:34 pm Im Sorry! I mean GPU Fan Speed which is not listed on the demos

But I found it!

Code: Select all

ArgusType=GPUFanRPM
Unfortunatelly I couldn't find the percent pwm value but I think I can do a calculated attempt.

Sry but I have 3 days using rainmetter and obviosly I have much to learn!

Thanks and excuse my poor english
Ahah! Nice to know! I don't use fan speeds currently, but more info on sources is great! Good work!

The missing values for GPU are documented.
argusmonitor wrote: January 26th, 2020, 12:08 pm (...)
I updated Leo's plugin with the new structure. Some values are missing for GPU (ShaderMHz and FanPercentPWM) and as only the maximum and minimum core speeds are contained in the new data structure I had to fall back to using the maximum value for the all cores (but min and max values are still provided in the separate fields).
(...)
Ahnìon

Post by Ahnìon »

Oh, and if you end up running into a brick wall and need values that aren't available in the Argus Monitor plugin, I recommend HWiNFO and its Rainmeter plugin. I ran it parallel with Argus Monitor for a good while with no issues, and you can get pretty much any value the hardware exposes with HWiNFO. It's a bit more work, but if you need the values, they're all there.

HWiNFO / The Rainmeter plugin
ald0pe

Post by ald0pe »

Ahnìon wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 8:56 pm Oh, and if you end up running into a brick wall and need values that aren't available in the Argus Monitor plugin, I recommend HWiNFO and its Rainmeter plugin. I ran it parallel with Argus Monitor for a good while with no issues, and you can get pretty much any value the hardware exposes with HWiNFO. It's a bit more work, but if you need the values, they're all there.

HWiNFO / The Rainmeter plugin
Thank You so much really aprecciated!
ald0pe

Post by ald0pe »

Ahnìon wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 8:50 pm Ahah! Nice to know! I don't use fan speeds currently, but more info on sources is great! Good work!

The missing values for GPU are documented.
I didn't see that :D
AcidWeb

Post by AcidWeb »

It looks like plugin 1.2.0.1 + Argus Monitor 5.2.08 stopped returning proper GPU load (ArgusType=GPULoad).
Application itself register correct load but value delivered to Rainmeter is completely inccorect.
Ganthor

Post by Ganthor »

AcidWeb wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 2:06 pm It looks like plugin 1.2.0.1 + Argus Monitor 5.2.08 stopped returning proper GPU load (ArgusType=GPULoad).
Application itself register correct load but value delivered to Rainmeter is completely inccorect.
Thanks so much for this post, you saved me so much headache. I finally got around to trying to integrate argus monitor with my rainmeter and I couldn't get any of the info to resolve correctly. So glad to see the fix was as easy as rolling back to 5.2.07. Can't thank all the brilliant people in this thread enough for getting this set up too. I was using afterburner to get GPU info for my rainmeter and it was causing problems so it's great to have that sorted out.

Super minor, but I think it would be really awesome of I could swap fan profiles from my rainmeter too
Ahnìon

Post by Ahnìon »

AcidWeb wrote: May 23rd, 2021, 2:06 pm It looks like plugin 1.2.0.1 + Argus Monitor 5.2.08 stopped returning proper GPU load (ArgusType=GPULoad).
I noticed this the other day too. Got around to reporting it to Argotronic support now. (I suspect they don't necessarily read every post in this thread.)

Let's hope it gets fixed quickly. :)
AcidWeb

Post by AcidWeb »

I guess that adding new GPU thermal readouts in 5.2.08 shifted something.