It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:39 pm

Windows Media Player

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Matt.davey

Windows Media Player

Post by Matt.davey »

Probably something along these lines already, but just a little thread for peeps to make requests on what they want this to do.

Should be able to do everything that the iTunes and WinAmp plugins can, with the notable exception of showing the track current time / progress as there is not a way to implement this without writing a custom plugin for Windows Media Player at this time.

More when I've had a proper look at getting it done.
Visiting hours are 9 to 5, and if I show up at 10 past 6
Well, I already know that you'd find some way to sneak me in and oh
Mind the empty bottle with the holes along the bottom
You see it's too much to ask for and I am not the doctor
MattKing
Developer

Re: Windows Media Player

Post by MattKing »

Matt.davey wrote:Probably something along these lines already, but just a little thread for peeps to make requests on what they want this to do.

Should be able to do everything that the iTunes and WinAmp plugins can, with the notable exception of showing the track current time / progress as there is not a way to implement this without writing a custom plugin for Windows Media Player at this time.

More when I've had a proper look at getting it done.
Keep us posted, I would like to see this. :D
Matt.davey

Re: Windows Media Player

Post by Matt.davey »

The trick as it turns out is getting remote access to the currently running WMP process (PS COM also makes my brain ache):

What you are seeing here is a C# program remotely linking into my current WMP session - and if we can link into it using COM, we can also just pull out the information that we need from it to populate a control, and also to do all the the other stuff that the iTunes and WinAmp plugins do.

That said, I'm not 100% on how all the code is actually working together, and there is obviously performance to be considered. I'd ideally like the remoted player not taking up 20Mb of memory . . .

Then again, that might just be my prejudices showing . . .

P.S. Really need to restart my PC more . . .
Visiting hours are 9 to 5, and if I show up at 10 past 6
Well, I already know that you'd find some way to sneak me in and oh
Mind the empty bottle with the holes along the bottom
You see it's too much to ask for and I am not the doctor