It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:42 am

Rainmeter Top Processes

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Legati

Re: Rainmeter Top Processes

Post by Legati »

Im trying to run Cobalt 2.4, just like Seahorse was trying to do and everything that he posted, i get the same results, except for that lodctr /r results in an error code 5. Im still lost. I dont follow what he did.

1) Click start
2) Click run
3) Type cmd
4) Type cd c:\windows
5) Press enter

Type

lodctr /r:PerfStringBackup.INI and press enter

Here is where i get "Error: Unable to restore performance counter setting from backup file C:\Windows\system32\PerfStringBackup.INI, error code is 5"
I'm all out of bubblegum.
Legati

Post by Legati »

Hey, I got it to work!! I found a similar article with very similar instructions:

Click Start, type cmd right click cmd.exe, and select Run as administrator.
At the prompt, type lodctr /r and press ENTER. This will repair the pointers (those are stored in the registry).

I think the right click and running as admin was the trick. Anyway, my processes skin is working!!!!!

Thanks again for the help DigitalDJ and everyone on page 10!!!!!
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

Sorry, I always run COM as admin, most things don't seem to work otherwise :o I'll dig out the original post and update it.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Legati

Post by Legati »

No problem, you got me pointed in the right direction. Its working now. Thanks again.
Celeras

Post by Celeras »

This was marked as "solved" earlier in the thread, but I'm still having issues with the figures being read out by TopProcesses (Cobalt). Task manager says Firefox = 115MB, Top Processes = 150MB. Rainmeter Task manger 21MB, Top Processes 43MB. Etc.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Celeras wrote:This was marked as "solved" earlier in the thread, but I'm still having issues with the figures being read out by TopProcesses (Cobalt). Task manager says Firefox = 115MB, Top Processes = 150MB. Rainmeter Task manger 21MB, Top Processes 43MB. Etc.
This could be because what TopProcesses is showing you is the 'Working Set (Memory)'
while you are looking at the 'Memory (Private Working Set)' in Task Manager.

If you download Top Processes Version 2.2.0.1 you should find that TopProcess shows you the 'Memory (Private Working Set)'
Celeras

Post by Celeras »

Replacing my TopProcesses.dll (in Rainmeter/Plugins) with the x64 .dll results in the following error when Rainmeter is opened:

Code: Select all

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:	rainmeter.exe
  Problem Signature 02:	2.2.0.1116
  Problem Signature 03:	4f099aae
  Problem Signature 04:	mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:	2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:	4e1539fa
  Problem Signature 07:	de
  Problem Signature 08:	10
  Problem Signature 09:	System.ArgumentException
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
I have the 64bit version. Tried the 32bit .dll from your link just to see, and this actually gets Rainmeter to open... however the TopProcess Skin gives an error and does not function.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Celeras wrote:...
You need Rainmeter 2.3 beta.
Celeras

Post by Celeras »

Installed beta, it works now but:

-MB values are still off, but only seems to be by 1-10MB per application (not a matter or updating, figures arent changing and rainmeter is still off).
-Now it has some stupid total bar for memory, and Total/Idle for CPU :( Despite the skin listing: IgnoredProcesses=Idle|_Total|rundll32|wscript|userinit Figured that part out, IgnoredProcesses changes to SpecificIgnoredProcesses. D'oh!

I'm never satisfied :confused:
DigitalDJ

Post by DigitalDJ »

Celeras wrote:Installed beta, it works now but:

-MB values are still off, but only seems to be by 1-10MB per application (not a matter or updating, figures arent changing and rainmeter is still off).
-Now it has some stupid total bar for memory, and Total/Idle for CPU :( Despite the skin listing: IgnoredProcesses=Idle|_Total|rundll32|wscript|userinit Figured that part out, IgnoredProcesses changes to SpecificIgnoredProcesses. D'oh!

I'm never satisfied :confused:
The figures are correct on Windows 7. Are you sure you're dividing the Task Manager value by 1024? That's how you convert from KB to MB (not by 1000).
Last edited by DigitalDJ on April 23rd, 2012, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.