It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:23 pm

Rainmeter Top Processes

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
spx
Developer

Re: Rainmeter Top Processes

Post by spx »

I've added a workaround for this loading issue in r1179.

poiru,
If you'll look at root problem, comment this part out.
Bgdrls

Post by Bgdrls »

I have problem to display only ONE top memory process:

Code: Select all

[MeasureTopMem]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=TopProcesses.dll
ReQuery=0
IgnoredProcesses=Idle|_Total|rundll32|wscript|userinit
MetricType=Memory
ProcNums=0
Format="%pName (%Memory)"
What's wrong with code? Someone pls help?
ch_rob

Post by ch_rob »

Bgdrls wrote:I have problem to display only ONE top memory process:

[MeasureTopMem]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=TopProcesses.dll
ReQuery=0
IgnoredProcesses=Idle|_Total|rundll32|wscript|userinit
MetricType=Memory
ProcNums=0
Format="%pName (%Memory)"
What's wrong with code? Someone pls help?
One TopProcesses measure must be marked as "ReQuery=1" since this appears to be the only one in your skin, you must change "ReQuery=0" to "ReQuery=1"

-Chad
Bgdrls

Post by Bgdrls »

Tnx Chad, now working fine :)
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

ch_rob wrote: I am not familiar with a lot of the Rainmeter-isms. I would have expected that they "just work" from the rainmeter framework without me having to code them. I will look into this... maybe I've missed a developer's guide somewhere along the line.-Chad
I know this was quite a while ago (actually just over a year) but I am still having the same problem with TopProcesses_2.1.0.0\x64 uploaded from http://digitaldj.net/rainmeter/TopProcesses_2.1.0.0_rev1.zip.

Seems to me that none of Disabled=1 , !DisableMeasure or !DisableMeasureGroup will disable a measure using TopProcesses.dll.

Does anyone know how to temporarily disable TopProcesses as it seems to be fairly CPU intensive and I don't need to see a list of the top processes all the time.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Mordasius wrote:Seems to me that none of Disabled=1 , !DisableMeasure or !DisableMeasureGroup will disable a measure using TopProcesses.dll.

Does anyone know how to temporarily disable TopProcesses as it seems to be fairly CPU intensive and I don't need to see a list of the top processes all the time.
For the plugin author(s): You should handle data processing in Update, store the string result, and return that in GetString (in other words, do not do CPU intensive operations in GetString).
DigitalDJ

Post by DigitalDJ »

I'll look into adding Disable functionality, but as for CPU usage, what are you seeing!? I've never ever seen my Rainmeter process jump above 1% with processes refreshing every 2 seconds. Most of the time the CPU usage is so minimal the Rainmeter process reports 0%
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

DigitalDJ wrote:I'll look into adding Disable functionality, but as for CPU usage, what are you seeing!?
I agree with you that the CPU usage of Rainmeter is minimal, but I still use a little "RainGauge" skin which uses Perfmon.dll to produce a histogram of usage over time and I noticed that the skins I had using TopProcesses were gobbling up more of the CPU's time than most others. The following screen shots illustrate 2 minutes output from "RainGauge" with the same collection of skins except that the one on the Left has the measures using TopProcesses.dll (with UpdateDivider=5) commented out.
topprocess.jpg
Rainmeter's use is generally less than 0.5% of my CPU's time but it is not the absolute, rather the relative usage that I'm interested in and CPU usage is more with than without TopProcesses.

The following is the code for the Raingauge thingee.. I hope that's not the culprit!

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
MiddleMouseUPAction=!Refresh

[Variables]
GraphHeight=200
GraphWidth=120

[Background]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=00000088
W=#GraphWidth#
H=(#GraphHeight#+24)
UpdateDivider=-1

[mRainmeterCPU]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Perfmon
PerfMonObject="Process"
PerfMonCounter="% Processor Time"
PerfMonInstance=Rainmeter

[mConvertCPU]
Measure=CALC
Formula=(mRainmeterCPU/1000000)

[CPUtimeString]
Meter=String
MeasureName=mRainmeterCPU
FontColor=ffffff
FontFace=Calibri
FontSize=10
NumOfDecimals=2
Scale=300000.0
Text="CPU time :   %1 %"

[TopLine]
Meter=IMAGE
Y=20
H=1
W=#GraphWidth#
SolidColor=FF000055
UpdateDivider=-1

[CPUtimeLine]
Meter=LINE
MeasureName=mConvertCPU
Y=20
H=#GraphHeight#
W=#GraphWidth#
LineWidth=1
LineColor=ff0000
HorizontalLines=1
HorizontalLineColor=FF000055
Autoscale=0
AntiAlias=1

[CPUtimeHistogram]
Meter=Histogram
MeasureName=mConvertCPU
PrimaryColor=0000ff
Y=20
H=#GraphHeight#
W=#GraphWidth#
Autoscale=0
AntiAlias=1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DigitalDJ

Post by DigitalDJ »

Right ok, I'd highly suggest updatedivder 2 or more. Sorting the list of processes every second is probably the CPU gobbling you're seeing.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

DigitalDJ wrote:Right ok, I'd highly suggest updatedivder 2 or more. Sorting the list of processes every second is probably the CPU gobbling you're seeing.
I'm using UpdateDivider=5 to update the list every five seconds and as far as i know the UpdateDivider only affects how often the usage occurs not the amount of CPU usage so what I get with UpdateDivider=2 is:
process2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mordasius on April 14th, 2012, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.