It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:13 am

Rainmeter Top Processes

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
ch_rob

Re: Rainmeter Top Processes

Post by ch_rob »

cwfrizzell wrote:
...Now if there were a way to list the top processes showing both CPU and RAM usage for the same process simultaneously...
I'm not 100% sure, but I think what you are looking for can be achieved by just adjusting the formatting of the list being displayed (though, you still have to choose which top processes to use; CPU or Mem), here's an example showing both Mem and CPU utilization on the top 5 CPU-using processes:

Code: Select all

[MeasureTopCPUWithMem]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\TopProcesses.dll
ReQuery=1
IgnoredProcesses=Idle|_Total|rundll32|wscript|userinit
MetricType=CPU
ProcNums=0-4
Format="%CPU%: %pName (%Memory)"

[TopCPUWithMemText]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Style
MeasureName=easureTopCPUWithMem
X=10
Y=5R
cwfrizzell

Post by cwfrizzell »

Simple... Thanks!
Cheers!

Chuck
ch_rob

Post by ch_rob »

Chewtoy wrote
Some sort of UpdateRate or UpdateDivider would be nice too.
Done. The zip available at link below has UpdateDivider implemented.

jsmorley wrote
Like to have the ability to "mask" excluded processes, so the ones you are internally numbering can be excluded.
Done. The zip available at the link below has IgnoredProcesses updated to accept either % or * characters. Note that it is Win7 that is numbering the processes for you. The plugin does not change any of the process names. I still run XP on my work machine, and there are no numbered processes.

As a reminder, the plugin is available here: http://customize.org/rainmeter/skins/82306
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Thanks for the updates!
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Thank you very much!
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Greetings,

I just spent the past few hours getting to know your TopProcesses Plugin. Great fun!! :o)

1 draw back i've noticed though, I could find no way to clip the process strings length to stay within my skins window other than by the skin width itself, and even then it would still on occasion grow beyond those boundaries. :o(

Most my process names are more than short enough to fit, but I'm running Quantum calculations for BOINC, and the names they give their tasks are rather lengthy, such as this latest one, roqs_0.16_windows_x86_64__mt4, or worse yet, like these, roqs_04mar11_i_p1_030_50000_1_40.hamiltonian, or roqs_04mar11_i_p1_030_50000_1_40.noise

Would there be any way to get Rainmeters W=xx Y=xx ClipString=1 to work with your Plugin??
Currently, I have roqs_0.16_windows_x86_64__mt4 set as an ignored process, but the names change as I finish one project and start another, making this an unlikely permanent solution for me.

Also, I've noticed the my first measure(CPU) settings in some instances pass on to the second measure(Memory)
UpdateDivider, ReQuery(as U mentioned in the .ini), IgnoredProcessess, and I think there was another that slips my good but short memory @ the moment.

If ClipString could be made to work with Top Processess, I for one would be greatly appreciative.

Either way, thanks for the plugin. :o)

"Do you want to be healed, now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
ch_rob

Post by ch_rob »

GHOST® wrote
1 draw back i've noticed though, I could find no way to clip the process strings length to stay within my skins window other than by the skin width itself, and even then it would still on occasion grow beyond those boundaries. :o(
Done, grab the latest version. You can specify a substring of a key in the format by using the pattern: s(key,startChar,endChar)
- where key is the key to trim
- startChar is the zero-based starting character position
- endChar is the zero-based ending character position.

For example, to get the first 8 characters of the process names use s(%pName,0,7) in your format.

GHOST® wrote
Also, I've noticed the my first measure(CPU) settings in some instances pass on to the second measure(Memory)
I'm having some challenges with this request. Inside the plugin, I actually manage only one process list, then just sort it depending on the two calls from the skin (one for CPU, one for Mem). I did this for performance reasons. But, this makes it difficult to keep anything separate that's needed during the creation of each process list.

I will take another crack at it in the coming days, possibly managing two separate property lists, and see how that turns out...

Thanks for your interest.
-Chad
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Done, grab the latest version. You can specify a substring of a key in the format by using the pattern: s(key,startChar,endChar)
- where key is the key to trim
- startChar is the zero-based starting character position
- endChar is the zero-based ending character position.

For example, to get the first 8 characters of the process names use s(%pName,0,7) in your format.
SWEEEET!! Will download and take it for a cruise. ;o)

Strangley enough, on a side note, my latest task, fp_16feb_km_16_038_200_000_1_387_0, isnt extending out past the Skin border as far as the prior tasks were, only a couple characters this time. Not that that wil matter anymore with your update in hand. :oD
GHOST® wrote

?? R you thinking I was asking for this as a feature ?? If so, save yourself some effort. ;o)
I was just pointing out these characteristics I noticed while playing around with/setting it up and I wasnt sure if they were intended, a side product of the coding, or just a bug. Just doing my part of getting feeback/info to you since your postings indicated this was a current project and you were still looking to improve upon this already KooL ArsE plugin. :o)

Thank U 4 the reply & updated plugin.
"Do you want to be healed, now? Or would you prefer to bleed to death so I can try my hand at resurrection?"
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Re-Hi,

Just went to take a cruise, didnt get out of the driveway. ;o(

More than likely operator error, but it's not working. I made sure the old plugin was replaced with the new, restarted Rainmeter, even tried variations on your For example, to get the first 8 characters of the process names use s(%pName,0,7) in your format.
Even going so far as to copy & pasting you example directly, just in case my big thumbs were hitting a wrong key. ;op

The only result I get though is

62.7% s(fp_16feb_km_16_038_200_000_1_387_0,0,7)
10.2% s(Rainmeter,0,7)
etc
etc

The s ,0,7 are just being aplied to the output, not setting the amount of characters displayed.

I DLd from the link you have posted, did I not get the current version somehow??
Please advise.

Running the x64 TopProcessess Plugin on Win7, just in case U need 2 know.

Edit: Snippet of the code;

- Removed
OK. Major hiccup. Dunno if this is the same in the first plugin I had, will have to check it, but a Measure with the TopProcesses Plugin will not disable via the !RainmeterDisableMeasureGroup bang. Can see it running in the skin and About even though all the others in the same Group are clearly Disabled. :o(

No luck getting your clipstring set up to work, and strangely the folkers process that is so long is for the most part staying within the boundary of the skin width, but on occassion it will extend to its full length. Not quiet sure whats causing this behaviour, bt I'm paying attention in hopes of zeroing in on it.

Anyways, hope things can be ironed out without too much effort and is something as simple as forgetting to set your coding version of an DynamicVariables=1. That single command gives me more issues than any other thus far. Almost seems it should be set only if you'd want it OFF instead of on as often as i need, but forget it. ;op

Anyways, luck 2 U.

;+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
These shut down fine.

[MSUR_Core1]
	Measure=CPU
	Processor=0
UpdateDivider=1.5
Disabled=#Page1#
Group=Page1

[MSUR_Core2]
	Measure=CPU
	Processor=1
UpdateDivider=1.5
Disabled=#Page1#
Group=Page1

[MSUR_Core3]
	Measure=CPU
	Processor=2
UpdateDivider=1.5
Disabled=#Page1#
Group=Page1

[MSUR_Core4]
	Measure=CPU
	Processor=3
UpdateDivider=1.5
Disabled=#Page1#
Group=Page1

;++++++++++++++++++++++++
This REFUSES to shut down

[MSUR_TopCPUPrcess]
Measure=Plugin
	Plugin=Plugins\TopProcesses.dll
	Format=%CPU%: s(%pName,0,7)
ReQuery=1
IgnoredProcesses=Idle|_Total|rundll32|wscript|userinit
MetricType=CPU
ProcNums=0-9
UpdateDivider=1.5
Disabled=#Page1#
Group=Page1

;++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Test button doing the disable/enable routine

[METR_TSTBTTN]
	Meter=Button
	ButtonImage=#CurrentPath#SkinResources\Plus.png
RightMouseDownAction=!Execute [PLAY #CURRENTPATH#ClickMe.wav][!RainmeterEnableMeasureGroup Page1]][!RainmeterRedraw]
RightMouseUpAction= !RainmeterWriteKeyValue Variables Page1 0
	LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [PLAY #CURRENTPATH#ClickMe.wav][!RainmeterDisableMeasureGroup Page1][!RainmeterRedraw]
LeftMouseUpAction= !RainmeterWriteKeyValue Variables Page1 1
DynamicVariables=1
GHOST®

Post by GHOST® »

Alas, sumtin elz. :o(

In my skin its showing Rainmeter using between 10 -15%, while in Rainmeter ABOUT, its showing only 1-3%.

The Ram is measuring preety close, within a few Mb of each other @ 58Mb in ABOUT and 60Mb in my Skin.

Anyways, 5 am, guess i should get a couple hours sleep.

EDIT:

Hmmmm, this may be a Rainmeter issue I havent come across in the Forums yet???

Apparently my TotalSWAP Measure

[MSUR_TotalSWAPMemory]
	Measure=SwapMemory
		Total=1
UpdateDivider=1.5
Disabled=#Page1#
Group=Page1

and my TotalRam Measure

[MSUR_TotalRAMMemory]
	Measure=PhysicalMemory
	Total=1
UpdateDivider=1.5
Disabled=#Page1#
Group=Page1 
Are not disabling as well?? Theyre still showing a value according to Rainmeters ABOUT, however the Meters in my Skin stopped showing their data??

Food 4 thought 4 those much more knowledgable than myself.

::looks for his bed::