It is currently August 22nd, 2019, 4:51 pm

InformMe Addon v1.2 Beta

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: InformMe Addon v1.2 Beta

balala » February 19th, 2019, 9:13 pm

Sorry I'm resurrecting this old (almost three years old) topic, but I just discovered this addon and want to ask something.
There is any possibility to add a custom icon, when one can be shown? For example with the following command: ["#@#InformMe.exe" traytip <Title="Here is a TrayTip Title"\> <Text="Here is a TrayTip message (255 characters maximum)#CRLF#Test of line break"\> <Sleep=7\> <Icon=3\>], I'd like to use my own icon. I tried adding a name to the Icon parameter, but doesn't work. I tried something like this: ["#@#InformMe.exe" traytip <Title="Here is a TrayTip Title"\> <Text="Here is a TrayTip message (255 characters maximum)#CRLF#Test of line break"\> <Sleep=7\> <Icon="#@#MyIcon.ico"\>], but as I said, it doesn't work.
So, is the usable icon limited to those which are shown when the Icon parameter is set to 1, 2 to or 3, or there is a possibility to use another as well?
Does this app have a site where some detailed information can be accessed? I couldn't find one.
Thanks for the help.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

eclectic-tech » February 20th, 2019, 3:20 pm

balala wrote:
February 19th, 2019, 9:13 pm
Sorry I'm resurrecting this old (almost three years old) topic, but I just discovered this addon and want to ask something.
There is any possibility to add a custom icon, when one can be shown? For example with the following command: ["#@#InformMe.exe" traytip <Title="Here is a TrayTip Title"\> <Text="Here is a TrayTip message (255 characters maximum)#CRLF#Test of line break"\> <Sleep=7\> <Icon=3\>], I'd like to use my own icon. I tried adding a name to the Icon parameter, but doesn't work. I tried something like this: ["#@#InformMe.exe" traytip <Title="Here is a TrayTip Title"\> <Text="Here is a TrayTip message (255 characters maximum)#CRLF#Test of line break"\> <Sleep=7\> <Icon="#@#MyIcon.ico"\>], but as I said, it doesn't work.
So, is the usable icon limited to those which are shown when the Icon parameter is set to 1, 2 to or 3, or there is a possibility to use another as well?
Does this app have a site where some detailed information can be accessed? I couldn't find one.
Thanks for the help.
According to an earlier post, you should be able to use your own icon by adding "TrayIcon=pathtoyouricon" parameter to your bang.

According to Faradey, you should be able to use higher index numbers to show additional icons available in the "shell32.dll". This is the file that contains the default icons when you go to change the icon in the properties of a shortcut.

To my knowledge, there is no other info available. You might try Faradey's Kotoko Suite, he may have posted info there :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

balala » February 20th, 2019, 3:49 pm

eclectic-tech wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 3:20 pm
According to an earlier post, you should be able to use your own icon by adding "TrayIcon=pathtoyouricon" parameter to your bang.

According to Faradey, you should be able to use higher index numbers to show additional icons available in the "shell32.dll". This is the file that contains the default icons when you go to change the icon in the properties of a shortcut.
Thanks eclectic-tech, this indeed did the trick. Now I can use the desired icon. I missed somehow Faradey's post and how to add the icon.
What I can't get to properly work is to use higher index numbers. Doesn't work, but it's not even too important if I can add my own icons. And I can do this.
So, many thanks eclectic-tech.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

eclectic-tech » February 20th, 2019, 3:56 pm

8-) :bow: