It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:41 am

InformMe Addon v1.2 Beta

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
~Faradey~

Re: InformMe Addon v1.2 Beta

Post by ~Faradey~ »

dvo wrote:boxes still the same..
i can't yet to confirm this issue is relater to this addon (this may be OS side problem), but i'm working on fixing/changing it
dvo wrote:your breaks still don't work both
can you show screenshot pls? mb Win 10 not allow line breaks...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Ok the #CRFL# now seems to work from Lua... Yay.

One thing to remember in Lua is that any string with "\" in it will give you some trouble, as "\" is the "escape" character in Lua. So to get things to work, I needed to use:

Code: Select all

itemTitle = string.gsub(itemTitle, '\\', '\\\\')
SKIN:Bang('"#@#InformMe.exe" traytip <Title="New GMail"\\> <Text="From: '..itemAuthor..'#CRLF#'..itemTitle..'"\\> <TrayIcon=#@#Images\\Gmail.ico\\>')
The string.gsub is just to protect against any "\" chars that might be in the email title.

The TrayIcon approach works as well, although Windows uses a small, maybe 20x20 representation of the icon when you use a custom one.
1.png
What I gather from playing with this is that at least with Windows 10 Insider Preview, which has MASSIVE changes to how the entire "notification" paradigm works:

Windows insists on "identifying" which application sends a notification. Here is what it will do:

1) If you specify no icon at all, it will use the icon from inform.exe, putting that in both the flyout panel and in the notification area.

2) If you specify a custom icon, it will use that in both the flyout panel and in the notification area.

3) If you specify a built-in Windows icon by number, like "1" for "Info", it will use that icon in the flyout panel, but will use the icon from inform.exe in the notification area, and put the name of the program at the bottom of the flyout panel.

As I said, I think the goal is that there is always some indication to the user of what program sent a "notification". Anonymous, drive-by notifications are not going to be allowed.

With Win10 Insider Preview, you also get the notification added to the "Action Center" for as long as it is "active". That will show the name of the executable program, then the Title, the first line of the Text, and a short representation of the time that it was added to the Action Center. the rest of the Text of the notification is also there, under a "more" arrow.
2.png
The entry in the Action Center disappears when the flyout is dismissed or times out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I think you have your addon working about as well as it can, given the limitations and constraints of Windows.

I decided to go another way with this... ;-)

I'm just using ActionTimer and IsFullScreen and SysColor to "roll my own" notification fly-out.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=122925#p122925
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

jsmorley wrote:I think you have your addon working about as well as it can, given the limitations and constraints of Windows.

I decided to go another way with this... ;-)

I'm just using ActionTimer and IsFullScreen and SysColor to "roll my own" notification fly-out.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=122925#p122925
it always good to have a different way :thumbup:

Thank you for such explanation of TrayTip behaviour on Win 10, and yes you are right this addon uses Windows API calls, but i didn't go to far with that thus it has limitations. I may write my own Toast notification utility to have full control of it, but judging by the amount of people (downloads) who interested in such addon i'm putting it in the bottom of my ToDo list :)

While being absent i've tested this addon my self on Win 10 Insider Preview x64 and MsgBox function works fine for me so at this moment i don't know what can be wrong
dvo wrote:boxes still the same..
dvo wrote:
her you see

ex 3 missing 1 line
ex 4 above 3 is missing 2 lines
ex 5 right top missing bottom blue line
ex 6 missing all blue lines here we have 3 gray and one missing on the right side
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Another great addon of you. Well done mate! :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sorry I'm resurrecting this old (almost three years old) topic, but I just discovered this addon and want to ask something.
There is any possibility to add a custom icon, when one can be shown? For example with the following command: ["#@#InformMe.exe" traytip <Title="Here is a TrayTip Title"\> <Text="Here is a TrayTip message (255 characters maximum)#CRLF#Test of line break"\> <Sleep=7\> <Icon=3\>], I'd like to use my own icon. I tried adding a name to the Icon parameter, but doesn't work. I tried something like this: ["#@#InformMe.exe" traytip <Title="Here is a TrayTip Title"\> <Text="Here is a TrayTip message (255 characters maximum)#CRLF#Test of line break"\> <Sleep=7\> <Icon="#@#MyIcon.ico"\>], but as I said, it doesn't work.
So, is the usable icon limited to those which are shown when the Icon parameter is set to 1, 2 to or 3, or there is a possibility to use another as well?
Does this app have a site where some detailed information can be accessed? I couldn't find one.
Thanks for the help.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: February 19th, 2019, 9:13 pm Sorry I'm resurrecting this old (almost three years old) topic, but I just discovered this addon and want to ask something.
There is any possibility to add a custom icon, when one can be shown? For example with the following command: ["#@#InformMe.exe" traytip <Title="Here is a TrayTip Title"\> <Text="Here is a TrayTip message (255 characters maximum)#CRLF#Test of line break"\> <Sleep=7\> <Icon=3\>], I'd like to use my own icon. I tried adding a name to the Icon parameter, but doesn't work. I tried something like this: ["#@#InformMe.exe" traytip <Title="Here is a TrayTip Title"\> <Text="Here is a TrayTip message (255 characters maximum)#CRLF#Test of line break"\> <Sleep=7\> <Icon="#@#MyIcon.ico"\>], but as I said, it doesn't work.
So, is the usable icon limited to those which are shown when the Icon parameter is set to 1, 2 to or 3, or there is a possibility to use another as well?
Does this app have a site where some detailed information can be accessed? I couldn't find one.
Thanks for the help.
According to an earlier post, you should be able to use your own icon by adding "TrayIcon=pathtoyouricon" parameter to your bang.

According to Faradey, you should be able to use higher index numbers to show additional icons available in the "shell32.dll". This is the file that contains the default icons when you go to change the icon in the properties of a shortcut.

To my knowledge, there is no other info available. You might try Faradey's Kotoko Suite, he may have posted info there :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: February 20th, 2019, 3:20 pm According to an earlier post, you should be able to use your own icon by adding "TrayIcon=pathtoyouricon" parameter to your bang.

According to Faradey, you should be able to use higher index numbers to show additional icons available in the "shell32.dll". This is the file that contains the default icons when you go to change the icon in the properties of a shortcut.
Thanks eclectic-tech, this indeed did the trick. Now I can use the desired icon. I missed somehow Faradey's post and how to add the icon.
What I can't get to properly work is to use higher index numbers. Doesn't work, but it's not even too important if I can add my own icons. And I can do this.
So, many thanks eclectic-tech.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

8-) :bow: