It is currently September 21st, 2019, 1:44 am

Drag&Drop[V 3.1.3] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
theAzack9
Developer

Re: Drag&Drop[V 3.0.0] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

theAzack9 » August 7th, 2016, 5:55 pm

Version 3.0.0 released :D
Active Colors

Re: Drag&Drop[V 3.0.0] - Drag and drop functionallity in Rainmeter, now with even more fancyness!

Active Colors » August 8th, 2016, 3:08 am

theAzack9 wrote:Version 3.0.0 released :D
I'm really astonished with your made work and the fact that you continue working on it. Thank you! Besides, could you explain why I would need Parent and why I can't go with just child? For example this is your example.

Code: Select all

[DragNDropParent]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop

[DragNDropChild1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Bounds=0,0,100,200
Action=Path
OnDropAction=[!Log "You dropped a file in the first child!"]

[DragNDropChild2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Drag&Drop
Bounds=DropMeter2
Action=Path
OnDropAction=[!Log "You dropped a file in the secound child!"]

[DropMeter1]
Meter=Image
W=100
H=200
SolidColor=255,255,255

[DropMeter2]
Meter=Image
X=200
W=100
H=200
SolidColor=255,255,255
It does not makes sense for me having here the Parent.
theAzack9
Developer

theAzack9 » August 8th, 2016, 4:29 am

Active Colors wrote:I'm really astonished with your made work and the fact that you continue working on it. Thank you! Besides, could you explain why I would need Parent and why I can't go with just child? For example this is your example.

It does not makes sense for me having here the Parent.
Sorry... i forgot to add the parent option. lol
It should be fixed now ;)
dvo

dvo » August 8th, 2016, 6:36 pm

theAzack9 is there a way to alter your window mirror so you could use it as video screen of vlc player in rainmeter?
and maybe in size ajustable? that would be a nice add on for rainmeter? or is that impossble? :D
theAzack9
Developer

theAzack9 » August 8th, 2016, 6:57 pm

dvo wrote:theAzack9 is there a way to alter your window mirror so you could use it as video screen of vlc player in rainmeter?
and maybe in size ajustable? that would be a nice add on for rainmeter? or is that impossble? :D
I have plans ;) (i want to make it not be an exe file...) I'm working on waaay to many projects at once tho, so i can't really give an eta (soontm))
dvo

dvo » August 8th, 2016, 7:00 pm

we will see it could be nice :) and you have made nice things already :)
Jvn

Jvn » September 18th, 2016, 3:56 am

Hello, just dropping by to say great plugin and ask a question: Is there a way to drag URLs from a browser and drop them as simple text?

It feels like it should be doable as the example skin for Drag&Drop already allow to drop images from a browser and it'll read from the cache, and programs like notepad++ will receive URLs as text already, making me think that this wouldn't be that difficult. I'd totally expect something like Action=Raw / Text / String.

The use I'd like it for is so that I can drag magnet or torrent links directly from the browser and drop them on my modified non-local unicode-friendly wider qBT skin (original by JSMorley), as I'm sure I could send the url strings to the qbittorrent server proper and have them start downloading automatically using the qbittorrent's web api.
theAzack9
Developer

theAzack9 » September 19th, 2016, 1:23 pm

Jvn wrote:Hello, just dropping by to say great plugin and ask a question: Is there a way to drag URLs from a browser and drop them as simple text?

It feels like it should be doable as the example skin for Drag&Drop already allow to drop images from a browser and it'll read from the cache, and programs like notepad++ will receive URLs as text already, making me think that this wouldn't be that difficult. I'd totally expect something like Action=Raw / Text / String.

The use I'd like it for is so that I can drag magnet or torrent links directly from the browser and drop them on my modified non-local unicode-friendly wider qBT skin (original by JSMorley), as I'm sure I could send the url strings to the qbittorrent server proper and have them start downloading automatically using the qbittorrent's web api.
First off, sorry for the late answer

It is possible, yes, but not in the current state of the plugin. I might update it one day with further functionality for drop of text etc, but this version does only support dropping of files. (or it should at least only allow that)

I'm actually surprised you managed to drop images from the browser, if you could give me an example of how you did that it would be great ;) (i won't remove it, but i just want to test it :p )

So to answer your question, i'm sorry, there are no way of dropping URLs currently, but it might be something i'll put on my todo list ;)
Jvn

Jvn » September 20th, 2016, 5:43 am

Ok, thanks for the info.

And about replicating the image drag and drop: it's simple because it can be done with the example skin for Drag&Drop (which is Action=Path if I'm not mistaken) but only succeeds when using Firefox, probably because of how it deals with drag & drop.
Using the About Rainmeter -> Skins, I can confirm it is reading the file from %appdata%\Local\Temp. Chrome or Edge(ugh) doesn't seem to work and I haven't tested any other browsers.
theAzack9
Developer

theAzack9 » September 20th, 2016, 5:49 am

Jvn wrote:Ok, thanks for the info.

And about replicating the image drag and drop: it's simple because it can be done with the example skin for Drag&Drop (which is Action=Path if I'm not mistaken) but only succeeds when using Firefox, probably because of how it deals with drag & drop.
Using the About Rainmeter -> Skins, I can confirm it is reading the file from %appdata%\Local\Temp. Chrome or Edge(ugh) doesn't seem to work and I haven't tested any other browsers.
That makes sense, since Firefox caches all images so that it can load the page faster next time. (i think) Thanks tho. :thumbup:

Also, it might not be the solution you sought for, but you could always use InputText as a temporary solution to the drag&drop of the url. Though i agree that dragging it would be much easier ;)