Re: Open Hardware Monitor plugin

Post by psc0425 »

First time poster here...
I've to agree that it is wrong approach,

thanks
maai

Post by maai »

Brian wrote:Thanks for this information, however, this is still the wrong approach. ...
-Brian
All this is wonderful. The remarks are excellent. However, one message is enough for your fears and warnings for users.
If you do not give a solution and only talk about "problems" - it's just a flood. :welcome:
Andi_2112 wrote:Let me know, if you need further values from OHM. ;-)
Hello! Thx you for your plugin! :bow:
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

maai wrote:All this is wonderful. The remarks are excellent. However, one message is enough for your fears and warnings for users.
If you do not give a solution and only talk about "problems" - it's just a flood. :welcome:

Hello! Thx you for your plugin! :bow:

They gave a solution, make an rmskin to install the plugin so it is correctly installed and there is no user interaction needed. It also means that then the developer can install a skin with in the showcase how to use the plugin. Just about every other plugin does this and it is considered standard operating procedure to do this (As well as a few other thing we recommend such as merging all .dll's together and keeping your version of the RainmeterAPI up to date)

If any developer needed help ever doing any of these things all they would have to do would be to ask for help, hell I have even sent pull requests to dev to help them out with doing this without them asking in the past and if we don't tell them they will never know there is a correct way to do it.