It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:23 am

System volume plugin idea for Rainmeter - Need feedback

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
JpsCrazy

Re: System volume plugin idea for Rainmeter - Need feedback

Post by JpsCrazy »

ianmartorell wrote:I see what you say.. the problem is that I'm not using NirCmd to manage the volume, but a plugin made by Reiswaffel. And with this plugin I can't change the volume's value without unmuting. It doesn't work the same way as "nircmd mutesysvolume 2".

I could make the unmute button look different than the mute one, but that's pointless since I cannot calculate if the volume is already muted or not at the start.. so I just show 0% when it's muted.
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying - I was wondering if the plugin could work in a way such as NirCmd for that option and it just wasn't posted.
I PMed the author of the Plugin, and he's talking about adding that feature.
I already have a skin that works completely with NirCmd and was planning on making one that works with the Win7Audio plugin. And while changing everything for that, I ran into this problem.
reiswaffel

Post by reiswaffel »

Here you go, I hope that helps... v1.6 - http://reiswaffel.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-Audio-Plugin-166316150.

- New bangs Mute/Unmute
- Volume shows -1 when muted
ianmartorell

Post by ianmartorell »

reiswaffel wrote:Here you go, I hope that helps... v1.6 - http://reiswaffel.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-Audio-Plugin-166316150.

- New bangs Mute/Unmute
- Volume shows -1 when muted
Yay that seems to solve the problem, I'm going to edit the skin to show "MUTE" when it's muted, still being able to change the volume percentage.
scutzi128

Post by scutzi128 »

Did you ever get the skin to show mute when it is muted? I am trying to get it to do this but I am having trouble with it.
ianmartorell

Post by ianmartorell »

scutzi128 wrote:Did you ever get the skin to show mute when it is muted? I am trying to get it to do this but I am having trouble with it.
Actually I haven't even tried.. I'm too busy with college to dedicate time to Rainmeter. Since the new version of the plugin outputs "-1" when the volume is muted, tell the skin to always replace that string with "MUTE" or something of the sort. I don't remember the exact code for that but I don't think it's difficult.
scutzi128

Post by scutzi128 »

Yea I did that at first but because I have a % symbol after the numeric volume number I get muted% when muted. I am having difficulty removing that % so I just have muted when the system volume is muted.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Make % a separate meter using relative positioning to keep it next to the numbers and put an IfEqual and IfAbove set on the volume measure. That way you can hide the [PercentSymbol] measure if the value equals -1 and show it again if the volume is above that.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hello,
Is a version of Win7AudioPlugin.dll which works in Windows XP? The plugin downloadable is not working, I suppose because of the op system and any skin built with it, indicates 0% or 100%, no mater of volume level.
Thank you.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

balala wrote:Hello,
Is a version of Win7AudioPlugin.dll which works in Windows XP? The plugin downloadable is not working, I suppose because of the op system and any skin built with it, indicates 0% or 100%, no mater of volume level.
Thank you.
Windows XP is not supported. The plugin requires Vista or higher.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-Win7Audio_beta