It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:46 pm

System volume plugin idea for Rainmeter - Need feedback

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
JpsCrazy

Re: System volume plugin idea for Rainmeter - Need feedback

Post by JpsCrazy »

mhinckley3 wrote:I was able to get nasasempai's code working for Windows 7 Professional x64. It doesn't show the exact volume all the time but is only off by 1 to 3 percent at most at a quick glance.
don't know if that still applies, but that could be the reason for the 1% off.
mhinckley3

Post by mhinckley3 »

Thank you so much Wasky1. It works like a charm now. I had no idea you could use that measure in a formula. I guess that is on my reading list now too.

JpsCrazy wrote: don't know if that still applies, but that could be the reason for the 1% off.
I believe the reason for the 1% error in that case was because nasasempai used a best fit logarithmic curve so the formula for calculating the volume is very very close but not exact at every value. I am not sure why it is 1% off now as I don't know how the plugin finds the value for the volume but if it uses a formula it is very likely that that is where the small error lies. In any case, I can absolutely live with 1% error.

Thanks to Reiswaffel for a job well done.
[hsimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9795054/desktop.jpg[/hsimg]
reiswaffel

Post by reiswaffel »

I'm glad you all like it. The 1% off error came from the conversion of float to integer value (49.9997 -> 49).
Fixed by rounding ;)

You can get the new version here: http://reiswaffel.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-Audio-Plugin-166316150
ianmartorell

Post by ianmartorell »

Hi! Loved Reiswaffel's plugin and made my first Rainmeter skin with it. Hope you like it :D:

http://ianmartorell.deviantart.com/art/SoundManager-for-Rainmeter-171821122
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Can this plugin set the system volume to mute or not-mute?
Not as in toggle; like you click a button and no matter what it's set to mute, and you click another button and no matter what it's set to not-mute.

I was looking in the Beta Manual and didn't see anything, so I'm assuming no.
I was hoping it could though.
ianmartorell

Post by ianmartorell »

I don't understand what do you mean by that. The skin only affects the current output device, so you can just mute or unmute it without no matter which the volume was, because it will be the same when you unmute. The individual volumes of the mixer will also be the same as before, but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about.

JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

ianmartorell wrote:I don't understand what do you mean by that. The skin only affects the current output device, so you can just mute or unmute it without no matter which the volume was, because it will be the same when you unmute. The individual volumes of the mixer will also be the same as before, but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about.
I want a button that mutes the volume and another that unmutes it.
If the computer is already muted and the only option is to toggle and the mute button is shown there'd be problems.
ianmartorell

Post by ianmartorell »

Which problem could it be? If it is muted, the volume is shown as "0" in the bar, so there's no space for confusion. And having a second button would only occupy more space looking less nice.
JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

ianmartorell wrote:Which problem could it be? If it is muted, the volume is shown as "0" in the bar, so there's no space for confusion. And having a second button would only occupy more space looking less nice.
The way I have it is that the user can start muted/unmuted.
There's a Mute button and when it's pressed it 'turns into' an unmute button (and vice versa).

If there's just toggle it could be muted while the icon show's not muted and vice versa again.
What I'm talking about: http://jpscrazy.deviantart.com/#/d2rgnrj
ianmartorell

Post by ianmartorell »

I see what you say.. the problem is that I'm not using NirCmd to manage the volume, but a plugin made by Reiswaffel. And with this plugin I can't change the volume's value without unmuting. It doesn't work the same way as "nircmd mutesysvolume 2".

I could make the unmute button look different than the mute one, but that's pointless since I cannot calculate if the volume is already muted or not at the start.. so I just show 0% when it's muted.