It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:36 am

WindowState addon

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
jsmorley
Developer

Re: WindowState addon

Post by jsmorley »

DaSquall wrote:Windows 10 and the last version i guess 3.3.0 beta r2461 64 bit 15 aug
Oh crap. My bad. I didn't include the RunCommand plugin with my .rmskin. I have had it / used it for so long I just didn't even think about it.

Hang on...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Added the RunCommand plugin to the .rmskin. Duh...

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=115480#p115480
DaSquall

Post by DaSquall »

the log is ok but i still cant get to make it work

EDIT : typing 1.2.8 but still doesnt work
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

DaSquall wrote:the log is ok but i still cant get to make it work

EDIT : typing 1.2.8 but still doesnt work
There is nothing before "Mumble" in the title, so ".* - Mumble" isn't going to work.

Try just "Mumble -- 1.2.8" and see if that works.

However, not sure I would include the version in it. Why have to chase that when it changes...

I would just use "^Mumble -- .*$" or even just "^Mumble" myself.
DaSquall

Post by DaSquall »

^Mumble work great ! thanks, is there any possibilities to search the name in the task manager ? for the process, for a soft that doesnt have a fixe window name, thanks again !
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

DaSquall wrote:^Mumble work great ! thanks, is there any possibilities to search the name in the task manager ? for the process, for a soft that doesnt have a fixe window name, thanks again !
Not in order to determine if a "window" is minimized or maximized. A window is identified by either the "title" or "class", neither of which has anything more than an indirect relationship to the "process" that created it.
2.jpg
You wouldn't use this addon at all just to determine if a "process" is running. That is a different animal than determining if a "window" is minimized or maximized. For a process, you would use:

http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/process
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaSquall

Post by DaSquall »

yeah that what I use at this moment but that'll be cool if a skin hide itself (or at least be in the background) when a process lost a focus. But thanks for the help ! :D
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

js, what would be the simplest way for Rainmeter to return just the name of the focused window?
winterwulf

Post by winterwulf »

Not working for me =(

4.0.0 beta r2627 64-bit (Sep 12 2016)
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (build 7601) Service Pack 1
Path: C:\Users\pferrari\Dropbox\Documents\academico-profissional\3- Acciona\PortableApps\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\pferrari\Dropbox\Documents\academico-profissional\3- Acciona\PortableApps\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\pferrari\Dropbox\Documents\academico-profissional\3- Acciona\PortableApps\Rainmeter\Skins\

I have the plugin already
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

winterwulf wrote:Not working for me =(

4.0.0 beta r2627 64-bit (Sep 12 2016)
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (build 7601) Service Pack 1
Path: C:\Users\pferrari\Dropbox\Documents\academico-profissional\3- Acciona\PortableApps\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\pferrari\Dropbox\Documents\academico-profissional\3- Acciona\PortableApps\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\pferrari\Dropbox\Documents\academico-profissional\3- Acciona\PortableApps\Rainmeter\Skins\

I have the plugin already

Not sure those errors have anything to do with the plugin. "Invalid Token" is generally an error you get when you have a problem with the clock or clock settings on your PC, and you try to access some websites, in this case probably with WebParser. I think it can also happen if you have some corrupted cache in Internet Explorer and use WebParser.

We would need to see the code for the skin to get much further.