It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:50 pm

DEV : DllExporter exited with code 123

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Hansz

DEV : DllExporter exited with code 123

Post by Hansz »

Hi Guys,

Decided to have a go at building a plugin of my own ... right now trying to set up a development environment and building a little first test plugin, just to see if I understand things correctly...

It builds ok codewise, but then I run into the following message as a post-dev thingy

Code: Select all

The command "D:\dev\libaries\rainmeter-plugin-sdk-master\API\DllExporter.exe" "Debug" "x64" "D:\dev\libaries\rainmeter-plugin-sdk-master\C#\PluginTest\x64\Debug\" "PluginTest.dll"" exited with code 123
tbh, I don't have a clue what this might mean or what the reason is ...

I'm using the Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 community edition Update 4 as recommended ...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated ..
Hansz

Re: DEV : DllExporter exited with code 123

Post by Hansz »

Ok,

After some 'trial & error' I think I've found the reason for the failure ...

Appearantly, the post-event doesn't need the double quotes it gets by default...

This seems to work ...

D:\dev\libaries\rainmeter-plugin-sdk-master\API\DllExporter.exe $(ConfigurationName) $(PlatformName) $(TargetDir) $(TargetFileName)
whilst this doesn't ... however this is what is by default in the provided 'empty plugin' project.

"$(SolutionDir)..\API\DllExporter.exe" "$(ConfigurationName)" "$(PlatformName)" "$(TargetDir)\" "$(TargetFileName)"
Basically, removing the double quotes seemed to do the trick.
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

did you got the plugin?
Hansz

Post by Hansz »

drakulaboy wrote:did you got the plugin?
It's still very much a work in progress (aka v.0.1.0.0) but yes, I've got a working plugin.