It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:25 pm

OpenHardwareMonitorPlugin.dll

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
sirshaw

OpenHardwareMonitorPlugin.dll

Post by sirshaw »

Im kind of at a loss on this one, so here goes.

After the last Windows 10 Technical Preview update, this plugin no longer pulls data from the open hardware monitor program. The actual open hardware monitor program still collects and displays the data just fine, just the interface between Rainmeter and Open Hardware Monitor isnt happening anymore. What is odd is this worked fine in prior to updating last night to the latest build of Windows 10 (I was running the first build of Windows 10 and it worked). Anyone have a similar experience? Or even better, know how to fix it?

Also im up for trying a different monitoring program. All I want it to do is display my clock rates, temp, load, and fan speed from both my video cards and processor. I lack the expertise to reverse engineer a .dll

any help would be appreciated.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: OpenHardwareMonitorPlugin.dll

Post by jsmorley »

I highly recommend HWInfo and the HWInfo plugin for Rainmeter. It is a very robust, stable program and plugin, and the program is updated very regularly.

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13670

I don't know what level of support or ongoing maintenance of OpenHardwareMonitorPlugin.dll there is, but I suspect not much.
to4garret

Post by to4garret »

Hi All,

I would just like to reply to this thread as I too ran into this is issue with the RTM of Windows 10.

After a lot of digging, it turns out that there is a problem with the current version of Open Hardware Monitor on Windows 10, it is not publishing the WMI data correctly.

You can verify yourself with wbemtest.exe, the sensor data will not be populated on Windows 10.

So I dug around the source code of OHM looking for something odd but came up with nothing.
I then downloaded the Comunity version of Visual Studio 2015, connected to the OHM repos and compiled it on the Windows 10 system.

Some how, after the compilation the WMI data was being populated as expected and my Rainmeter skin was working again.

So to summerize, if you would like the OHM plugin working on Windows 10,
Download Visual Studio 2015 Community Ed
Connect to the OHM Repos
Compile & Run.

Thanks,
Craig
ouzbed

Post by ouzbed »

hi,

you don't need to install VS Studio to get OHM plugin to work. just copy and paste the following command in a PowerShell prompt, maybe with admin rights :

Code: Select all

Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM __Namespace WHERE Name = 'OpenHardwareMonitor'" -Namespace "root" | Remove-WmiObject
reboot et voilà.
rierku

Post by rierku »

I use OHM + Rainmeter, too, for my HW Monitoring needs, mainly, because only OHM supports my Alphacool Heatmaster fancontroller.

Initially, I updated from my Windows 7 Prof 64 installation to Windows 10 Prof 64. Here, everything worked after I updated to Windows 10.

Now I got around to doing a clean install of Win 10, but this time, even with the latest OHM version, it doesn't want to work. So it seems, to me, that something that Win 7 did, and that was migrated over when simply upgrading, is missing in Win 10, at least in a clean install of it.
to4garret wrote:
So to summerize, if you would like the OHM plugin working on Windows 10,
Download Visual Studio 2015 Community Ed
Connect to the OHM Repos
Compile & Run.

Thanks,
Craig
Could you go into more detail there, please? I don't know anything about that whole compiling thing, so a bit more step by step would be useful.
billfarquharson

Post by billfarquharson »

ouzbed wrote:hi,

you don't need to install VS Studio to get OHM plugin to work. just copy and paste the following command in a PowerShell prompt, maybe with admin rights :

Code: Select all

Get-WmiObject -Query "SELECT * FROM __Namespace WHERE Name = 'OpenHardwareMonitor'" -Namespace "root" | Remove-WmiObject
reboot et voilà.
I Like OHM for the sheer simplicity. This worked perfectly and got my modules working again after upgrading to Windows 10.