It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:55 pm

AudioLevel

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
dgrace
Developer

Re: New Plugin: AudioLevel

Post by dgrace »

Godmode_Off wrote:Hi Dave! :)

Sorry for hanging on to this, but I'm getting the same bug. Since it seems not solveable on a plugin level, can we talk about workarounds for skins?

One thing that works for me is constantly looping silence in the background when loading any skin that uses your plugin, like:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
OnRefreshAction=PlayLoop "silence.wav"

Is there anything that speaks against it? Or is there maybe a more elegant way to implement this/get the same effect?

Regards
Well the more elegant way would be for M$ to actually fix the bug; I'm curious if it'll show up on Windows 10. ;)

The plugin already creates a dummy playback stream before opening the loopback interface to try to work around the issue, but I guess it's not working in your case. My thinking is it's something about the WaveOut vs. DirectSound output methods, but again, it's all inside the OS black-box from where the plugin sees it. I guess the other thing I could try is keeping the dummy playback stream alive while the plugin is active, which might be basically the same thing as your method, just without skin hacks. I just haven't dived into that code in a while. If I have some time this weekend I'll take a stab at it and see if it makes any difference.

dave
wiedzmawiedzma

Post by wiedzmawiedzma »

Hello!!! :welcome: Is it possible to obtain the "Oscilloscope" as a meter for AudioLevel plugin? :???:
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

wiedzmawiedzma wrote:Hello!!! :welcome: Is it possible to obtain the "Oscilloscope" as a meter for AudioLevel plugin? :???:
You mean like some kind of custom meter that draws the waveform? I wouldn't get your hopes up; that would be a pretty far stretch outside of what Rainmeter currently supports. The only way I can imagine doing it would be to have the plugin write data into an image buffer, and the buffer get used by an IMAGE meter. Sorta like movie playback. But I'm fairly sure that IMAGE meters don't currently support rendering from any kind of user frame buffer.

dave
wiedzmawiedzma

Post by wiedzmawiedzma »

dgrace wrote: You mean like some kind of custom meter that draws the waveform? I wouldn't get your hopes up; that would be a pretty far stretch outside of what Rainmeter currently supports. The only way I can imagine doing it would be to have the plugin write data into an image buffer, and the buffer get used by an IMAGE meter. Sorta like movie playback. But I'm fairly sure that IMAGE meters don't currently support rendering from any kind of user frame buffer.

dave
Oh ... Thanks a lot for the answer :bow: ..... I guessed that by using the available meters it will be impossible, but I was hoping that when you created as complicated plugin can you find some solution.

I mean exactly the oscilloscope, which is in the visualization WindowsMediaPlayer.
Attachments
WindowsMediaPlayer-Oscylloscope.jpg
wiedzmawiedzma

Post by wiedzmawiedzma »

Hi :welcome: , I want to draw only 70Hz (Bass) from left and right channel in the form of a bar, does anyone tell me how to do this, because every small bug causes the appearance of a window with info that the program has stopped working. :(
Attachments
Bez nazwy-4.png
wiedzmawiedzma

Post by wiedzmawiedzma »

You have done a great job :bow: .... Big thanks Dave !!!
I mastered all settings after reading all 27 pages of this topic, and for one piece of skin isolated bass from 20Hz to 70Hz .
I added [measurehide] like told "Dank420" :) and [buzzkill] like told "VasTex" :)
Now as for me, the plugin works perfectly !!! :yahoo: Great thing !!!
Rainmeter CPU usage is only 1% of the Update = 60
I have a Intel i7 3630QM, Windows 8.1 x64, Realtek High Definition Audio and use DFX Audio Enhancer 11.1 with SRS Premium Sound.
I am sending you to see a screenshot of what fun you made such users like me and like your plugin contributed to decorate my desktop !!!!

Cheers :great:

Ps. Aww, but here in the preview display a little indistinctly see a screenshot but you can download and is ideal visibility.
Attachments
Bez nazwy-1.png
StArL0rd84

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Great plugin, thank you for sharing. :thumbup:
Got a little issue here though.
I was about to incorporate it into my skin but now i am hesitate to do so.
I wanna know if it is normal when i shut down the audio source i get this horrible sound.
Almost like the last second of audio is repeated almost on top of each other, 24 times for each of the 24 bands.

Is there something in the example skin you attached i could change to address this undesirable "effect"?

I have recorded a sample and attached it if you are not familiar with the problem. I cannot upload mp3 here so here is a external link for you: https://www.mediafire.com/?v9fxsqh7fbabbe6

tnx again
j.daddy

Post by j.daddy »

Can anyone tell me how to apply delay to the meters because my sync is off.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I wanna know if it is normal when i shut down the audio source i get this horrible sound.
Almost like the last second of audio is repeated almost on top of each other, 24 times for each of the 24 bands.
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=109788#p109788
KOHHearts

Post by KOHHearts »

My audio card no longer supports this plugin (it used to). I have an external usb card (Saffire 6 USB) and AudioLevel doesn't receive any information.
If I set the Realtek soundcard that comes with the computer it works.

It isn't something I changed since already tried reinstalling rainmeter and that. Tried using the DeviceID to force using the external card but this doesn't resolve anything so it's not the problem.

Any idea? :(