It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:07 am

AudioLevel

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
fajnalaska

Re: New Plugin: AudioLevel

Post by fajnalaska »

Thank you, for years I've been waiting for this plugin.
Now my AlphaConceptPlayer has a real equalizer, and the desktop second.
:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MarcoPixel

Post by MarcoPixel »

dgrace wrote:If by "smoothen" you mean to change the rates at which they grow/shrink, yes you can adjust them via the FFTAttack and FFTDecay settings. See the docs here: http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/audiolevel

Cheers,

dave

This is my result. I made an calc for every fft band which gets the values of the two bands left and right and calculates the average of them. The result is stunning :D

I only got one request, is it possible to calculate BPM with it?
Last edited by MarcoPixel on October 28th, 2014, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pds

Post by pds »

Here is my skin.

Features :
Online Radio name
Artist name
Song name
Online indicator
Local file indicator
Time
MP3 progress indicator
Stereo indicator
Mute button

Requirements:
Rainmeter 3.2
Winamp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

MarcoPixel wrote:I only got one request, is it possible to calculate BPM with it?
I haven't tried. I'd probably setup a Calc that averages the low frequencies, and then try to measure the time between peaks for that average. Don't know how accurate it would be though - depends on your update rate. There's probably a better method but it's not something I know how to do off the top of my head. Good question! ;)

dave

Edit: found some good answers here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/657073/how-to-detect-bpm-of-the-song-by-programming The first step (generate an FFT of the signal) is handled by AudioLevel - in theory you could code the rest in Lua. That would be pretty cool...
aloudasian

Post by aloudasian »

MarcoPixel wrote:

This is my result. I made an calc for every fft band which gets the values of the two bands left and right and calculates the average of them. The result is stunning :D

I only got one request, is it possible to calculate BPM with it?

Hi guys! New here. I've recently started using Rainmeter and have been messing with Marco's visualizer for quite a while (Thanks a ton by the way! this is some awesome stuff!!).

I've got a question about how I can adjust the height of the bars displayed in the visualizer. For approximately the same loudness, the bars are much higher when I'm playing music on my laptop than on my desktop. I'm assuming this is because the output is giving back different values between my two computers. Is there a way I can apply a scalar to the values so I can increase/decrease the height of the bars displayed in the visualizer?

Many thanks in advance!
dgrace
Developer

Post by dgrace »

aloudasian wrote:I've got a question about how I can adjust the height of the bars displayed in the visualizer. For approximately the same loudness, the bars are much higher when I'm playing music on my laptop than on my desktop. I'm assuming this is because the output is giving back different values between my two computers. Is there a way I can apply a scalar to the values so I can increase/decrease the height of the bars displayed in the visualizer?
If the bars are from the FFT/Band stuff, you can try playing with the Sensitivity option. If the bars are from RMS or Peak measurements, there's are RMSGain and PeakGain parameters you can adjust. See docs here: http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/audiolevel

Good luck!

dave
harrylinger

Post by harrylinger »

Thank you very much!
Cool thing i ever looked for....
Sure i figured out to customize it and for a novice it's very good for me...
In combination with VU-Meter it's pumpin' my desktop.
Good work folks!
dijgastra

Post by dijgastra »

dgrace wrote:I've tried - it appears to be a bug in Windows. See thread here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/c7ba0a04-46ce-43ff-ad15-ce8932c00171/loopback-recording-causes-digital-stuttering?forum=windowspro-audiodevelopment

I've already implemented the workaround they discuss there but it's still glitchy in some cases.

Hello, I was looking at that thread and the second last answer kind of helped me. To quote him:
To stop the stuttering:
1. Load an application that creates an audio stream. i.e. Virtual PC (just needs to be in system tray), Media Player Classic (paused) etc.
2. Load up WMP, queue a few tracks and start it playing
3. Start the loopback capture
4. Hit next on WMP, which shouldn't generate a stutter

So, one possible way around the stuttering (until MS fix the bug), is to create a silent audio stream whilst in loopback mode - which is hinted at above. i.e. Create a render client, before creating the capture client.
What that means is that as long as there is some media running in the paused mode at the background, the stuttering wont occur. I tested it by pausing a song in VLC player at the background and then playing another song in Winamp. The audio didn't stutter when I closed Winamp. I tested it using a combination of many different applications and the audio didn't stutter as long as there was an audio stream running in paused mode at the background.

Can this be implemented by the AudioLevels plugin itself? As long as there is a 'silent audio stream' running in the background during the loop-back, the stuttering should not happen. The post also gives a code snippet for this. Do you think this can be a viable fix?

-Dij
MarcoPixel

Post by MarcoPixel »

dgrace wrote: I've tried - it appears to be a bug in Windows. See thread here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/c7ba0a04-46ce-43ff-ad15-ce8932c00171/loopback-recording-causes-digital-stuttering?forum=windowspro-audiodevelopment

I've already implemented the workaround they discuss there but it's still glitchy in some cases. Unfortunately from my side all the data looks exactly the same - there's no way to know when it's happening; it all looks like valid data. Sorry, wish I had better news on that one.

dave
Any progress on this problem? Or it there some workaround for it?
digitalbinary

Post by digitalbinary »

Thank you for this nice plugin. Here is the skin I made, Vocaloid dancers: http://bluetekk.deviantart.com/art/Vocaloid-Dancers-1-0-For-Rainmeter-496316180

I don't know how to reverse the circles animation :(