It is currently April 26th, 2024, 4:05 am

NowPlaying plugin compatibility for the Elpis pandora client

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Schlayer

NowPlaying plugin compatibility for the Elpis pandora client

Post by Schlayer »

I use Elpis all the time for pandora as it gets rid of advertisements and is a very lightweight desktop client that adds media key functionality to Pandora without opening a tab in a browser to run it as well as providing a nice GUI for its use. I've wondered for a while if there could be a way to gather song information from Elpis and integrate it with Nowplaying. Openpandora is clunky and for some reason I cannot get it to work on my computer, not to mention it's not as lightweight and still had ads. I have a lot of experience with rainmeter gadget coding but I have no idea how to code a plugin of my own. Any help in designing any such plugin or preferably modifying NowPlaying's existing plugin to add support for Elpis would be greatly appreciated. I'm certain it would be possible for the same functions Elpis uses to be ported over to NowPlaying, being an album cover art, song name, artist name, album name, skip button, and play/pause buttons, plus adding an 'open player' option by a simple path/location in explorer would be easy.