It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:51 pm

Compiled but missing?

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Leafy

Compiled but missing?

Post by Leafy »

I'm trying to make a plugin, and it compiles perfectly, but when I load it into a skin it just says that it's missing. ("Rainmeter plugin C:\Program FIles\Rainmeter\Plugins\..\Plugins\PluginFoobar.dll not found!"). Attached is the source I'm using, as well as the DLL and the skin file. What is wrong here?

Additional Info:
I added it to the solution in the SVN, so that I could add the reference to the library.
I'm using Visual C++ 2008 Express to compile / edit it.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.
Rainmeter Version 1.0 Rev 163, 64-bit
Rainy
Developer

Re: Compiled but missing?

Post by Rainy »

The compiled version of the plugin which is in the zip is 32-bit. If you use the 64-bit version of Rainmeter you need to compile a 64-bit version of your plugin too.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Oh! Foobar plugin! :D
If you want beta-testers, I'd gladly sign up!
I'm on 32-bit XP so...

/me soo happy to see something happenig for foobar. <3<3 ^^
I'm gonna download the own you attached and see what marvles you have done.
Any specific version of foobar this is made for?
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Leafy

Post by Leafy »

Rainy wrote:The compiled version of the plugin which is in the zip is 32-bit. If you use the 64-bit version of Rainmeter you need to compile a 64-bit version of your plugin too.
What IDE do people use that's free and can compile 64-bit dlls? Visual Studio C++ Express doesn't, and Eclipse CDT doesn't. I'm downloading Visual Studio 2008 Professional, but I'm not sure that it'll be what I need.
Chewtoy wrote:Oh! Foobar plugin! :D
If you want beta-testers, I'd gladly sign up!
I'm on 32-bit XP so...

/me soo happy to see something happenig for foobar. <3<3 ^^
I'm gonna download the own you attached and see what marvles you have done.
Any specific version of foobar this is made for?
It does nothing now; I need to make a component for Foobar2k that makes it accessible to Rainmeter. (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29562&view=findpost&p=255371 )
Leafy

Post by Leafy »

Alright, progress update.

The rainmeter plugin will create a receiver window. This window will receive messages from the Foobar plugin about the current title, track, album and artist. It'll keep these variables for 2000 ms, and the updates will come from the Foobar plugin every 1000 ms, so that if Foobar crashes, the data will expire.

The foobar plugin will implement the playback_handle_static class, being called every time a new track is played. It will find the Rainmeter receiver window (using the window class "Rainmeter_Foobar_Receiver") and send it 4 messages - title, track, album, artist, copying the data (COPYDATASTRUCT).

I've done 90% of the rainmeter side. The foobar component side is awful, setting on that tomorrow.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Great work :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :sthumbsu: :sthumbsu:

and thanks so much
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

:D
*Chewtoy likes Leafy* :RainSmile:
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Serious version...
Smileylogo.png
Samus Aran

Post by Samus Aran »

Is it possible for you to add something that will read the album image from foobar, so that WebParser can read it from a local file?

That would be awesome. :D
Leafy

Post by Leafy »

Samus Aran wrote:Is it possible for you to add something that will read the album image from foobar, so that WebParser can read it from a local file?

That would be awesome. :D
Yeah, it's definitely possible once the infrastructure is up. COPYDATASTRUCT has a void pointer member for the data, so you would just get the file path from foobar and load it into rainmeter. A void pointer can be cast to any type, so any data can be sent.

Also, the foobar SDK is horribly structured.