It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:11 am

PLEASE HELP!! Rainmeter with Coretemp problem with Max Temp

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
FrankBob6677

PLEASE HELP!! Rainmeter with Coretemp problem with Max Temp

Post by FrankBob6677 »

:o So far I cannot figure out a command to update the value of the maximum temperature only if number exceeds current value. For some reason it seems that the max temp is reading the same as core1temp. Meaning it displays the same temp as core1 temp and changes when core1 temp changes. Please assist, any help would be much appreciated.

Code: Select all

[Variables]
@include=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Variables\UserVariables.inc

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MEASURES

[MeasureMaxTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=MaxTemperature

[MeasureCore1Temp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=Temperature
CoreTempIndex=0

[MeasureCpuSpeed]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=CpuSpeed

[MeasureVID]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
CoreTempType=VID

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; STYLES

@include2=#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Styles\StyleTaskbar-Mini.inc

; METERS

[MeterMaxTemp]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleText
MeasureName=MeasureMaxTemp
Text="%1°C"
X=370
w=80

[Label MaxTemp]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleLabel
Text="Max"

[Background]
Meter=IMAGE
MeterStyle=StyleBackground
W=240

[MeterCore0Temp]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleText
MeasureName=MeasureCore1Temp
X=300
Text="%1°C"

[Label Core0Temp]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleLabel
Text="Current"

[MeterCpuSpeed]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleText
MeasureName=MeasureCpuSpeed
Text="%1 MHz"
x=95

[Label CpuSpeed]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleLabel
Text="CPU"

[MeterVID]
Meter=String
MeterStyle=StyleText
MeasureName=MeasureVID
X=192
FontColor=255,255,255,255
Text="%1 V"

[Label VID]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=StyleLabel
Text="VID"
jsmorley
Developer

Re: PLEASE HELP!! Rainmeter with Coretemp problem with Max T

Post by jsmorley »

FrankBob6677 wrote::o So far I cannot figure out a command to update the value of the maximum temperature only if number exceeds current value. For some reason it seems that the max temp is reading the same as core1temp. Meaning it displays the same temp as core1 temp and changes when core1 temp changes. Please assist, any help would be much appreciated.
Unless I misunderstand how the plugin works (and I may, I really don't use it) the setting of CoreTempType=MaxTemperature doesn't mean "what is the highest value that any core temperature has been since CoreTemp was started" but rather "what is the current temperature of the core that is the highest right now". From the manual: MaxTemperature: Maximum temperature between all cores.

At least on my system, all the temperatures of the various cores are always pretty close to the same, so I also get a value for that which just seems to pretty closely follow CoreTempType=Temperature for any given CoreTempIndex.

I view that option setting as more or less being a way to say "what is the current temperature of ALL cores." Where what it does is just take the highest current temperature across all cores. Otherwise, you either have to just measure one CoreTempIndex, or measure them all separately and average them in a Calc measure. Not worth the bother in my view. At least on my system, there is never much difference in temperature from one core to the other. Not for long in any case, as the system works hard to keep things "balanced" between cores.

You can use CoreTempType=TjMax to get "what is the highest allowed temperature", but I don't think that is what you want, and there isn't a simple plugin setting that will get what I gather you are after.

I suppose you could "keep track" of the "highest temperature" since the skin was loaded or refreshed pretty easily though.

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Variables]
MaxTempSinceRefresh=0

[MeasureCurrentTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp
IfAboveValue=#MaxTempSinceRefresh#
IfAboveAction=[!SetVariable MaxTempSinceRefresh [MeasureCurrentTemp]]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterTemperature]
Meter=String
FontSize=12
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Now: [MeasureCurrentTemp]#CRLF#Max: #MaxTempSinceRefresh#
DynamicVariables=1
2014-01-22_192717.jpg
P.S. I know there is a "min" and "max" in the CoreTemp program interface, but I don't think the plugin can retrieve those values. It probably should, as those would be somewhat useful (or at least interesting) values.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Here's another method...

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[MeasureCurrentTemp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=CoreTemp

[MaxTempSinceRefresh]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureCurrentTemp>MaxTempSinceRefresh?MeasureCurrentTemp:MaxTempSinceRefresh

[MeterTemperature]
Meter=String
FontSize=12
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Now: [MeasureCurrentTemp]#CRLF#Max: [MaxTempSinceRefresh]
DynamicVariables=1
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yeah, that works Smurfier.

Truth be told, it's hard to come up with a generic approach for this stuff anyway. The way all the "sensors" work varies wildly from system to system. At least on mine, there really isn't a separate "temperature" value for each "core", just a motherboard-based ITE IT8721F sensor that seems to get the temperature of the CPU "socket", and an internal sensor for the actual AMD FX-4350 that measures the temperature of the CPU "chip". The voltages, clock speed and usage % are measured separately for each "core", but there is just one temperature. So MaxTemperature is really kinda meaningless for me.

Your mileage will certainly vary...

Personally, I have found HWInfo and the HWInfo plugin for Rainmeter to be the best and most robust solution.
2014-01-22_192717.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FrankBob6677

Post by FrankBob6677 »

To both jsmorley & smurfier, thank you for the reply's. Unfortunately neither worked out for what I was aiming for. Though adding that feature into the plugin would be a nice update from coretemp. I will definitely look into hwinfo and see if I may get the result I am looking for. Again thanks for the info.