It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:01 am

Rainmeter & Live Mail Info

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Kaamos

Rainmeter & Live Mail Info

Post by Kaamos »

Hi everybody.

I was looking for a solution for this problem...and i found that it will only work if the mail service provides an RSS or Atom feed.

Now my question is: how extensions like this Chrome Store works then?
moshi

Re: Rainmeter & Live Mail Info

Post by moshi »

basically they login with your credentials, get a cookie with a token key and in combination with an other application-specific key are authorized to use a service's api.

for exact details how a particular Chrome extension works you will have to ask the developer of that extension of course.
Kaamos

Post by Kaamos »

moshi wrote:basically they login with your credentials, get a cookie with a token key and in combination with an other application-specific key are authorized to use a service's api.

for exact details how a particular Chrome extension works you will have to ask the developer of that extension of course.

So it seems there is no way for me to read hotmail with rainmeter :\
Thank you Moshi.

If anyone know any trick to bypass this issue e.g with an email client like thunderbird or similar please let me know. :bow:
moshi

Post by moshi »

i am working on a universal inbox reader right now. works for Yandex.Mail and Gmail. should work for any email provider that supports IMAP.

(no it wont be great, no it probably will not do what you want, you should switch to either GMail if you want a good tool or to Yandex.Mail if you want the privacy of a non-US/Anglo/EU service)