It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:00 pm

RunCommand

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
jsmorley
Developer

Re: RunCommand 1.0

Post by jsmorley »

fonpaolo wrote:I'm sure, given that I already asked, that the plugin version is correct, now I'll ask for the Rainmeter version.
Sounds good. At a high-level, and to keep you from having to remotely "debug" an issue with strangers that you have no idea how capable they are, I would just answer the entire thing with:

1) Be sure you are running Windows 7 or later of Windows. (AudioLevel requires it)
2) Uninstall Rainmeter and install the latest beta version from rainmeter.net.
3) Install my suite using the .rmskin installer process.
4) Tell me how that goes.

To be honest, if those steps don't get them there, then they are just out of luck.
DeART.69

Post by DeART.69 »

fonpaolo wrote:Unable to load RunCommand (error 126)
http://rainmeter.net/dllerror
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Thanks DeART.69, but after I suggested to install the skin on first post of this topic, seems that at least this part of the problem should be solved, however I will suggest every possible solution we've discussed here to try to help...
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Little update:
after installing the latest beta and my skins again, the "!CommandMeasure not supported" is still there.

I'm aware that it's almost impossible to find two computers with the same configuration, even if using the same hardware and OS, so, the possibility of a conflict caused by a driver or a software could always happen...
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

The only thing I can think of is the possibility of installing the wrong "bitness" of the plugin with respect to the "bitness" of the version of Rainmeter installed. (32-bit plugin with 64-bit Rainmeter, or 64-bit plugin with 32-bit Rainmeter, or 64-bit plugin on a 32-bit system)

I know this has already been brought up, however, there was a small bug in the plugin sdk that would place the wrong bitness string in the plugin's details (see below).
RunCommandDetails.png
This is actually the 64-bit version of RunCommand.dll on my machine (even though it says "32-bit").

This bug has been fixed in the sdk, but I have not updated my plugin for over a year. So the problem could be someone installing the 64-bit version of Rainmeter, but manually installing the 32-bit plugin. Or having a 32-bit version of Rainmeter, and installing the 64-bit version of the plugin.

That is my best guess.

-Brian

PS - I will work on updating my plugin to fix that 64-bit string problem on the details tab of the file's properties. Done, see below.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

New version here: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=92974#p92974

This fixes the "bug" from my previous post. I guess I shouldn't call it a bug, but more of a typo in the properties of the 64-bit file.

Anyway...

-Brian
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Many, many thanks Brian! :D

Now that you've said it, I noticed that also I have the 32 bit indication instead of 64, I really hope that this will solve all the problems (even if they're limited to a few people).

I cross my fingers and I'll inform you if the problem is solved.
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

i did not try this plugin before, i open in CMD VLC player with a youtube link,
cd C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC
then i write
vlc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46pjMM9Ydm4
and it's playing a youtube video
Quick question will i be able to open VLC player plus a youtube link with this plugin?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

drakulaboy wrote:i did not try this plugin before, i open in CMD VLC player with a youtube link,
cd C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC
then i write
vlc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46pjMM9Ydm4
and it's playing a youtube video
Quick question will i be able to open VLC player plus a youtube link with this plugin?
There is no need to use RunCommand to open a video in VLC.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[MeterSail]
Meter=String
FontSize=11
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
Text=Watch Me
LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awf45u6zrP0"]
At the end of the day, the point of RunCommand is to run "console" programs, those that run under cmd.exe and take input from STDIN and output to STDOUT. You know, DOS programs basically. You can run those directly from Rainmeter, but first, you will get a cmd.exe "window" pop up, which is ugly, and second, RunCommand allows you to "capture" the output of the program, either directly into the measure value, or as a file you can parse with WebParser.

VLC is a Windows application, not a console program, and you can just run it directly with any parameters it supports. You can run it with RunCommand if you want, but it won't buy you a thing.
drakulaboy

Post by drakulaboy »

oh, thank you, first time i did not get for what is this plugin, now i will know :great: