It is currently April 24th, 2024, 1:10 pm

RainThumbnail (0.0.50.17 Beta) [Win Vista or above]

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
~Faradey~

Re: RainThumbnail (0.0.50.17 Beta) [Win Vista or above]

Post by ~Faradey~ »

Thank you moshi for support and bug report.
I'm still fixing this bug, need some time, anyway, i thought i should let you know)
i created a CustomWinIcon ICO file that contains both 16x16 and 32x32 sized icons. the 32x32 icon is used for the taskbar (as it should), but also for the thumbnail title where i would expect the 16x16 icon.
sorry, i can only control the size of icon for taskbar, but not thumbnail icon, Windows controlling this part...is it not appearing for you or is it looks ugly?
will look on this though.
are there guidelines for OverlayIcon? i can't really get this working. the IE example works sometimes, but i didn't have much success with ICO files or c:\program files\rainmeter\rainmeter.exe
this is a bug, already fixed, thanx for pointing out :thumbup:
but then this is rather old and i am probably the only one that remembers LS here.
was using LS couple times, and yes my icon reminds me of LS icon a bit, but only after you mentioned this :)
this resemblance was unintentional, just tried to make it in the same color scheme with rm icon and not just square...so...there )
moshi

Post by moshi »

~Faradey~ wrote: sorry, i can only control the size of icon for taskbar, but not thumbnail icon, Windows controlling this part...is it not appearing for you or is it looks ugly?
will look on this though.

here's a comparison:
Untitled-1.jpg
on the left you see a regular Windows application. it uses a 32x32 icon in the taskbar and a 16x16 icon in the thumbnail.

on the right is RainThumbnail with a custom icon i created. 32x32 in the taskbar (overlay works this time, but this is an exception). but on the thumbnail it is not using the 16x16 icon, but resizes the 32x32 icon. and yeah, it's even uglier than the icon i created.

maybe i am doing something wrong here with the ICO format. here's a link to the icon if you want to use it for tests: http://yadi.sk/d/3sO5qJatAt853
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moshi

Post by moshi »

hi Dima.
i hope you are still working on this, as i would really like to use it. i recently update my Sphynx theme and all the little mini-apps have icons now. http://is.gd/ggSddk
my main problem are the crashes.
btw: if you set the taskbar to use small icons, RainThumbnail also resizes the 32x32 icon, while all other applications use a 16x16 icon.
exper1mental

Post by exper1mental »

Would it be possible to add a opt-in mode? While opt-out does work it requires you opt-out every single skin you want RainThumbnail to ignore. While opt-out works great for the end-user it is not redistributable friendly (i.e. I want a setup skin to display in the taskbar, instead, the end-user currently just gets overwhelmed with all the skins currently running), which for me is a deal breaker.

I'm not saying get ride of opt-out, it is great for end-users wanting to see their skins in the taskbar, but there also needs to be opt-in that skin developers can use.

It also would be great if certain skins could be set to not be grouped in the taskbar. This would be particularly handy for setup and settings skins.

Do you plan to release the source code so others can tweak it? (with credit to you for your work ofc)