It is currently April 26th, 2024, 10:42 pm

Top Processes

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
oldgroucho

Top Processes

Post by oldgroucho »

I Have looked around for a bit and haven't really seen anything that Displays the processes that are using the most CPU, memory, or IO on your system "Well" for 64 bit, however I remember that Windows vista and windows 7 had a gadget that did and did it well, at least for me.it was called top process and did CPU, Memory and IO.I'm Not really a coder ,and wouldn't know where to start, and work eats a lot of my time, however if someone wants a copy of the gadget file I'm happy to provide it. At least I think it would help, It was quick and efficient.
huggi

Re: Top Processes

Post by huggi »

I think the 'AdvancedCPU' plugin is one that you might want to look at. It can show the active processes using your CPU and how much of the CPU said processes are using but not how much memory they're using. Not sure what you mean by IO.
RM manual for the plugin is here: http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/plugins/advancedcpu

I'm pretty sure there's also several skins that utilise the features you're looking for so I recommend finding them and looking at their code to see how they've implemented it.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Top Processes

Post by eclectic-tech »

To see a complete skin, I would suggest looking at this... Top Processes Skin by ch_rob