It is currently April 18th, 2024, 8:50 pm

Rainmeter Config Addon

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Mosyan

Rainmeter Config Addon

Post by Mosyan »

Hi :) In the process of creating my themes for rainmeter I enjoyed very handy program, Rain Config: http://fediafedia.deviantart.com/art/Rainmeter-skin-config-164384901
In the credits written thank Kaerli , Poiru and other. Generally I realized the creation of this program, we owe you guys) If it is not then you can leave this post without attention.

Thank you, it really is a very handy thing!
By creating a theme for rainmeter I stumbled upon the need to create several improvements:
1) As often happens in skins are many variables to create tabs for easy
2) Increase window size for convenience
3) Increase the size of the help text
4) increase the size of the input field

I explained in detail in the picture:

I beg you to make a version 2.0 with these improvements, I'm sure that many people will appreciate it! I would be extremely grateful!
and in general something like this could be integrated into the Rhine to cause a team. Imagine how many widgets will get a comfortable setting, it would be progress! 90% of the skins are now configured manually via notepad. If this is to bring to mind (yes not a lot of work when you think), you can get a lot of widgets their Adjusters.
Special thanks to Google translator for the translation)
Last edited by Mosyan on November 8th, 2014, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moshi

Re: Rainmeter Config Addon

Post by moshi »

personal opinion: i do not like this tool now, and while your ideas would be an improvement i still wouldn't like it. it looks like a hack and hardly does justice to one of the most (if not the most, if we dismiss skinnable audio players) popular customization apps worldwide.

what i would like would be if the main "Manage" dialog would pop up only from the notification area icon.
if you click "Manage" from a skin's right click menu a dialog specific for this skin would pop up.

on the first page of the dialog would be the "native" Rainmeter skin specific options, like X/Y position, transparency, z-order, etc.
on the second page there would be widgets like text entry fields, drop-down menus, check boxes, sliders, ... to alter the variables of the skin. there would also be a button to restore the default settings.
the third page would be some kind of "About skin" where the skin author could add a little description, credits, etc. this would also be a prominent place to feature links back to the apis and feeds we use in the skins. because, let's face it, without that we are basically stealing as most apis require such a thing in their license agreements.

if this seems familiar to somebody, you are correct. this is very similar to what Konfabulator had. i think they were doing it right with their XML structured preferences dialog.