It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 3:07 pm

Getting and changing Microphone Devices

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
rockraven500

Getting and changing Microphone Devices

Post by rockraven500 »

I'm new to rainmeter and was wondering if there was a way to change the communication device and microphone just like you can with the default output device in win7audio, I'm trying to make a volume control skin, this is what I have so far

Edit: Left or Right Clicking on "Speaker" will change the default Device as well as change the text to the appropriate device, while scrolling up or down with change the volume
.raptor

Re: Getting and changing Microphone Devices

Post by .raptor »

rockraven500 wrote:I'm new to rainmeter and was wondering if there was a way to change the communication device and microphone just like you can with the default output device in win7audio, I'm trying to make a volume control skin, this is what I have so far

Edit: Left or Right Clicking on "Speaker" will change the default Device as well as change the text to the appropriate device, while scrolling up or down with change the volume
I dont have any solution for this, but i was browsing for the same kind of info on another project i worked on. Figured out windows are not very happy about the idea that individual programs can change default devices ( at least thats what i read ).

Anyway, i found a program that could do just that http://soundswitch.codeplex.com/
The source is right there, so i think you should be able to get something out of that, if you can write plugins that is.
(just my 2 cents anyway)