It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:31 am

FileView plugin 2.1

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Brian
Developer

Re: FileView plugin 1.1

Post by Brian »

Hopefully this helps out with your scrollbar problem.
Scrollbar.zip
As to your other question, I am not sure if providing a "variable" or even a new "type" option is the way to go on this. dragonmage suggested to have a feature equivalent to "ErrorString" from Webparser that might be the right way to go, but I have no immediate plans to do this.

-Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

I cannot figure out what you changed, but it works. Really, what was wrong? I feel... :confused:
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

It was a combination of things. Since you are just using the "Open" command, there is no need to reset the position meter. I also deleted those functions from the lua script and edited a few lines in the UpdateCurrentPos function. Also, take a look at the bottom of the .ini file. I added a measure.

-Brian
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

I see! I see! Thats nice of you. I'll pay it forward by helping others with scrollbar questions who may otherwise go to you.
Droptop Four
Brian
Developer

Re: FileView plugin 2.0

Post by Brian »

The plugin has been updated to version 2. There are a ton of improvements with this version including overall speed (especially when saving icons, and with the recursive functions), date/time for folders, optimized sorting (drives are now sorted), drives are now counted as folders, and many more.

Recursive=2 has been added to allow for indexing files in sub-folders. Remember that it can take a few seconds to gather all the information for a large folder with a lot of sub-folders and/or files. Although my system is probably faster than a lot, it took only 15 seconds to index my entire C:\ folder. Obviously results will vary, but if you used the Recursive=1 option before, you should notice a huge difference in speed.

Version 2 is included with the latest beta....

-Brian
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

The latest version causes a lot of apps to have no icon (At least in Windows 8, recently "upgraded")

Droptop Four
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

So are you saying that those icons don't appear because you upgraded to Windows 8? Or is it that the icons don't appear from FileView 1.X to FileView 2.0 ?

I am not having any trouble here with any shortcuts or any files really.

-Brian
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

The problem with icons seems to be specific to Windows 8 and versions of Rainmeter after r1795. We are looking into it.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

No, no. The icons appear/disappear when going from one version to the other on the same OS. I could have been clearer. :welcome: But the problem may only occur in 1806 with W8.
Droptop Four
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

"Windows 8 and versions of Rainmeter after r1795"