thatsIch

Re: cmdWrapper & Scroller

Post by thatsIch »

wow so good :3
should be build in nativly!
BetaLyte

Post by BetaLyte »

This is pretty great! I've been searching for a command prompt for Rainmeter for some time now.

I've been trying to customize it to my needs, but I'm pretty new to Rainmeter skins, so I'm having some problems. I'm using the dark Enigma skin, and would like to put this in the sidebar, so it matches the other skins.

I cant really figure out how to make the background transparent, I keep ending up with a solid color, and not the semi-transparent the other skins have.

Furthermore, how is the scroller supposed to work? When there's more text in the window than "LinesToShow", I should be able to simply scroll with my mouse wheel, right? Doesn't seem to work. I can't scroll at any time.

And it is possible to "launch" a custom batch at start up, instead of the "How about a nice game of chess". A string I cannot find anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
RedK

Post by RedK »

BetaLyte wrote: I cant really figure out how to make the background transparent, I keep ending up with a solid color, and not the semi-transparent the other skins have
Err, sorry i cant help you here. Basically just forgot the stuff. I had setup my rainmeter loong time ago and since then haven't touched it. (lazy bastard)
Try to dig the manuals http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual
BetaLyte wrote: how is the scroller supposed to work? When there's more text in the window than "LinesToShow", I should be able to simply scroll with my mouse wheel, right? Doesn't seem to work. I can't scroll at any time.
You referring to "cmdWrapper skin example with scroller" right?
As i recall the formula inside cmdWrapper plugin goes something like this [show N lines starting from (total stored lines) - N - offset] Here offset is received from scroller plugin.
Example: cmdWrapper plugin has stored inside 100 lines of text, setting say it must return only 5 lines, offset is 0. Plugin returns lines from 95 to 100.
plugin has stored inside 100 lines of text, setting say it must return only 5 lines, offset is 5. Plugin returns lines from 90 to 95.
Yes there is no check on reasonable maximum offset value.
Example: plugin has stored inside 100 lines of text, setting say it must return only 5 lines, offset is 1000. Plugin returns lines from 0 to 5.
BetaLyte wrote: And it is possible to "launch" a custom batch at start up, instead of the "How about a nice game of chess". A string I cannot find anywhere.
To "launch" something at start-up. No i think it's not possible. Because plugin does something only after !CommandMeasure bang was received and i currently don't remember a way to do that on plugin "launch".
About "How about a nice game of chess" line. Err i think this line is hardcoded to be shown at start-up. :???: Ups.

btw is scroller plugin working correctly in your system at all?
Cause in rare cases (when certain conditions are met), if something like "Smooth scrolling" is enabled in mouse settings, it can mess up things.
I experiences such bugs: start scrolling -> scroll a lot -> plugin value not changing at all -> stop scrolling -> plugin value changes.
start scrolling -> scroll exactly n "clicks" -> plugin value changes on n + random value.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

BetaLyte wrote:This is pretty great! I've been searching for a command prompt for Rainmeter for some time now.
You could also have a look at this post from Brian.
BetaLyte wrote:I cant really figure out how to make the background transparent, I keep ending up with a solid color, and not the semi-transparent the other skins have.
Here is info on the alpha to show transparency.
BetaLyte wrote:Furthermore, how is the scroller supposed to work? When there's more text in the window than "LinesToShow", I should be able to simply scroll with my mouse wheel, right? Doesn't seem to work. I can't scroll at any time.
Rainmeter now has built-in mouse scroll actions; RedK wrote this plugin before that was possible. I would try using the built-in ones to utilize scrolling .
BetaLyte wrote:And it is possible to "launch" a custom batch at start up, instead of the "How about a nice game of chess". A string I cannot find anywhere.
Too young to remember the movie "War Games"?... ;-)