It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:12 pm

Using HWiNFO with Rainmeter

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Using HWiNFO with Rainmeter

Post by jsmorley »

Jahiliyyah wrote: March 28th, 2021, 4:18 am Trying to display core power usage and convert from Watts to milliWatts but scale and autoscale don't seem to work. Switching to ValueRaw didn't work either. Any ideas?

I think you will need to use a Calc measure to do the conversion....

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Variables]

[MeasureCPwr1Watts]
Measure=Registry
RegHKey=HKEY_CURRENT_USER
RegKey=SOFTWARE\HWiNFO64\VSB
RegValue=ValueRaw120

[MeasureCPwr1MilliWatts]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureCPwr1Watts * 1000

[MeterCPwr1MilliWatts]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasureCPwr1MilliWatts
FontSize=11
FontWeight=400
FontColor=255,255,255,255
SolidColor=47,47,47,255
Padding=5,5,5,5
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
Text=%1 mW
Scaling isn't going to work, as scaling is about "down", not "up". You could use scaling to go from MilliWatts to Watts, but not the other way around. You also most certainly want to use ValueRaw in order to apply any math to the value.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: March 25th, 2021, 9:58 pm So far, the only issue I am having -- a minor annoyance -- is that HWiNFO does not delete the VSB registry entries when Windows shuts down (it does delete them when HWiNFO closes). I run HWiNFO on demand instead of auto-starting it, so when my skins load up when Rainmeter starts, they think HWiNFO is running when it really isn't. (The registry contains non-zero values for all the sensor values, whatever they were when things shut down.)

It is rather a pain to detect whether HWiNFO running and configured. As far as I can tell, you have to watch for one of two different processes (both HWiNFO flavors) and also check for a non-zero sensor value. Only if both cases are true can you be be sure HWiNFO is running and configured. With the old plugin you just had to look for a non-zero value (like a CPU clock speed) and you would know things are working.
Can you check to see if the latest 7.01-4425 beta just released addresses this issue for you SilverAzide?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote: April 1st, 2021, 11:25 am Can you check to see if the latest 7.01-4425 beta just released addresses this issue for you SilverAzide?
7.01-4425 works! :thumbup: Registry entries are now cleared on Windows shutdown (not just on app shutdown).
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: April 1st, 2021, 12:27 pm 7.01-4425 works! :thumbup: Registry entries are now cleared on Windows shutdown (not just on app shutdown).
Excellent...
ZipD

Post by ZipD »

Using version 7.01-4425, it seems like upon Windows boot (or manually restarting HWiNFO), it does not create/update the registry values, causing Rainmeter to report nothing. I even checked using JSMorley's HWiNFO_reg.ini. Registry is blank.

The workaround seems to be setting the Show Sensors on Startup and optionally selecting Minimize Sensors on Startup:

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I don't know what you are getting. I have mine set like this, and it always works just fine.

1.png
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

This is not new behavior, AFAIK. You've always needed to have the Sensors window open/minimized, whether using the plugin or the new registry technique. I'd recommend the all the settings shown on the left side of jsmorley's screenshot be set exactly as he has it.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

HWiNFO v7.02 has been released!
This is the first production release that should support Rainmeter directly, no plugins or "Pro edition" needed. See how here.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Excellent! I think this should put this issue to bed for now.
PyroBlitz89

Post by PyroBlitz89 »

I apologize if this has been answered before or is very simple, a search for pump didn't return anything.

I've made my own little modified version of the HW plugin, but am having an issue with getting the Bar Meter to work with my AIO since the "Number" it returns and the "String" are two very different things.

I need it to read the RPM in order to correspond to the value range I assigned it, but it seems to just read the first number...., please see below.

Any assistance would be welcome!
image2.JPG
Image1.JPG
Test.ini
(9.92 KiB) Downloaded 384 times