It is currently July 15th, 2020, 11:35 am

Plugin for HWiNFO

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
stangowner

Re: Plugin for HWiNFO

Post by stangowner »

I was planning on rewriting the complete .inc file. I would not touch the skin files obviously. So even if the skin author cleaned up the inc file before distribution, I was not going to parse it and replace only the existing values.....I was just going to dump them all from HWiNFO again. It would not obviously change the skin and the meters/measures being used there.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

I think that is the ideal solution. Like jsmorley said, having a bunch of extra variables won’t hurt anything whatsoever (except for cluttering the skin information in the about window). So just overwriting the whole thing should be fine.

On that note, where is the file going to be written to? Could that directory be changed somehow?
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
stangowner

Post by stangowner »

Sounds good.

Yes. The dump currently writes to %temp% and then opens a windows explorer for you to that file selected. So I'll either:
1) do the same, and the user can copy/paste to whatever skin they need
2) let the user select the directory & filename and write to that (save as dialog)
You have a strong preference?
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

stangowner wrote:Sounds good.

Yes. The dump currently writes to %temp% and then opens a windows explorer for you to that file selected. So I'll either:
1) do the same, and the user can copy/paste to whatever skin they need
2) let the user select the directory & filename and write to that (save as dialog)
You have a strong preference?
I think it would be better to have a “save as” dialog, because that is how most programs work so it’ll be more familiar for the average user.

But for my usecase, I’m wanting to create the dump from the command line. Would it be possible to add a file path argument to the /dump command as well?
”We are pretty sure that r2922 resolves the regression in resolution caused by a reversion to a revision.” - jsmorley, 2017
stangowner

Post by stangowner »

I agree.

Yes, I'll add that after. Let me get it working in the GUI first.
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

stangowner wrote:I agree.

Yes, I'll add that after. Let me get it working in the GUI first.
Perfect, thanks. :thumbup:
stangowner

Post by stangowner »

ugh, my machine has 2 sensors with the same name, yet 2 different IDs.......now what. I wanted to use system names, not the user defined names.....

If we use the user based names, then the user "could" just rename sensors in the HWiNFO GUI before exporting to RM. But that's not a great solution :confused:
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

stangowner wrote:ugh, my machine has 2 sensors with the same name, yet 2 different IDs.......now what. I wanted to use system names, not the user defined names.....

If we use the user based names, then the user "could" just rename sensors in the HWiNFO GUI before exporting to RM. But that's not a great solution :confused:
Wow. Same sensor name AND entry name? That’s unfortunate.

I don’t think you should worry about it. If duplicates exist, it could be solved on a per-case basis. Unless it’s a common occurrence. Which sensor is it? I would like to see if it’s duplicate for me as well.

Edit: The way that HWiNFO has disk drive information set up is odd... they all have the same Sensor ID, but different instances. That's an extremely common duplicate, and will pose a problem.
stangowner

Post by stangowner »

I have not checked to see if the have duplicate readings. But you can use a sensor without a reading (to get a sensor name).

CPU sensor 2 & 4 below......same system name:

System: 0 - Sensor 2 of 14
Sensor Name Orig: CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-4870HQ
Sensor Name User: CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-4870HQ
Sensor ID: 0xf0000300
Sensor Instance: 0x0

System: 0 - Sensor 3 of 14
Sensor Name Orig: CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-4870HQ: DTS
Sensor Name User: CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-4870HQ: DTS
Sensor ID: 0xf0000400

System: 0 - Sensor 4 of 14
Sensor Name Orig: CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-4870HQ
Sensor Name User: CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-4870HQ
Sensor ID: 0xf0002a00

System: 0 - Sensor 5 of 14
Sensor Name Orig: CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-4870HQ: C-State Residency
Sensor Name User: CPU [#0]: Intel Core i7-4870HQ: C-State Residency
Sensor ID: 0xf0000302
raiguard

Post by raiguard »

Ah, I have that too. I checked and none of the entries have the same entry ID. The second one has different information in it entirely, and isn't very large.

If it's like this on all systems, then we don't need to worry about it.
2018-02-04 15_21_07-HWiNFO Shared Memory Viewer.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.