It is currently November 15th, 2019, 3:53 am

Plugin for HWiNFO

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Stan

Re: Plugin for HWiNFO

Stan » February 25th, 2014, 9:11 pm

jsmorley wrote:Here you go...
HWInfo_1.0.rmskin
Thank you that is very helpful. It's starting to make more sense to me. Keep in mind that anything above zero = more.

Come on .. saying I was close is very kind of you. If close is about a mile away then I agree.

I'm going to see how this works. Thanks again for your help and example,
Stan
jsmorley
Developer

jsmorley » February 25th, 2014, 10:39 pm

Glad to help. Ask if you don't understand something.
Grim

Grim » March 18th, 2014, 6:39 pm

@stangowner
Rather then register yet another forum account over on the HWiNFO site I figured I'd just post here in the hopes you stop by.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a few more "items" to the plugin? :oops:
Basically everything on the HWiNFO "Summary" window, especially (or at the very least) the CPU and GPU Vendor images. I'd love to be able to pull these in from the plugin and display them in my skin(s).

Cheers
Stan

Stan » April 1st, 2014, 3:34 pm

I remained interested in trying to find a way of showing the max temperature for my CPU.

Thanks to JSMorley & smurfier for their code posted in this thread:
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17554&sid=78683621567386e94b1c47ea883b72c1

With a little editing it turned out exactly as I wanted.
sesheron

sesheron » May 8th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Can I assume that the sensors window must be open and/or minimized to tray for reading to correctly appear.
jsmorley
Developer

jsmorley » May 8th, 2014, 3:10 pm

sesheron wrote:Can I assume that the sensors window must be open and/or minimized to tray for reading to correctly appear.
Correct.
jsmorley
Developer

jsmorley » November 7th, 2014, 3:49 pm

IMPORTANT

There is a new version of the Rainmeter plugin for HWiNFO, which is required to use the latest beta versions of the HWiNFO application.

In addition to being required to stay current with the HWiNFO application, this new version of the plugin has a lot of new capabilities that are worth exploring, and I really do recommend installing the latest beta version of HWiNFO and using the new plugin.

There are changes that are going to be required in any existing Rainmeter skin to upgrade.

What you want to do is:

1) Get and install (installer or portable) the latest 4.47 version or later of HWiNFO for your system at Download HWiNFO.

2) Get the latest version of the Rainmeter plugin for HWiNFO at Rainmeter Plugin for HWiNFO.

3) Install the .rmskin you download, to install the latest plugin .dll in Rainmeter and make it available for your skins.

3) CAREFULLY read the instructions on how to change any EXISTING skins to use the new plugin at HWiNFO forum topic.

If you distribute a skin using the new plugin, be sure you remind users that it will require at least version 4.47 or later of the HWiNFO application. I do recommend it, as not only is the plugin better, but if you stay with the old plugin in skins you distribute, they are just not going to work if in fact the user upgrades the HWiNFO application on their system. They may or may not do that while 4.47 is still "beta", but almost certainly will when that version is "released", and you are going to have unhappy users.

With these changes, HWiNFO and the plugin for Rainmeter are even more staggeringly useful and comprehensive then they already were. In my opinion this is far and away the best way to monitor system sensors in a Rainmeter skin.
2014-11-07_105952.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sayak

Sayak » January 2nd, 2015, 9:06 am

HWiNFO is a great application but isn't there any way to measure the system parameters without having any background software running. How did the gadgets in Windows 7 do this?
jsmorley
Developer

jsmorley » January 2nd, 2015, 2:43 pm

Sayak wrote:HWiNFO is a great application but isn't there any way to measure the system parameters without having any background software running. How did the gadgets in Windows 7 do this?
No, we have no interest in the enormous amount of coding, and constant updates required to support and stay current with the hundreds and hundreds of different sensors on all the different hardware configurations out there. In addition, I believe that dealing with hardware sensors takes a ring-0 device driver, which we might well have to purchase, and in any case would not be something we could easily distribute the code for in our "open source" project.

The long and the short of it is that you will always need to be running something that does the actual measuring, and then we use a plugin to talk to that.
Sayak

Sayak » January 3rd, 2015, 8:11 am

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess there is no other way other than running HWiNFO in the background and have to ditch my concern that it would eat up a lot of resources. :-( But on second thoughts it looks like Rainmeter is using more CPU than HWiNFO!!! 8-)