Developer

Re: Sublime Text 2 Rainmeter package

Post by poiru »

Very nice work! :thumbup:
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

KreAch3R wrote:Amazing work, Merlin. And you found the program when, 10 days ago? Just amazing.
It was about 6 days ago. Which is only a proof of how easy it is to customize Sublime Text 2 and how good I am at procrastinating (I'd rather have done something for my job... ;) )
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

MerlinTheRed wrote: It was about 6 days ago. Which is only a proof of how easy it is to customize Sublime Text 2 and how good I am at procrastinating (I'd rather have done something for my job... ;) )
I get the feeling. I should be studying right now, too.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Minor nit:

Not sure if this is in any way related to the stuff you have done, but maybe it is something that can be customized somewhere I don't see. When you have word wrap on, the text wraps at exactly the edge of the work area, jammed up against the vertical scroll bar on the right. You can set the "column to wrap on", but then it becomes a fixed point and doesn't follow when the window is resized.

It would be nice if like in Notepad++, it had just a tad of buffer between the wrapped text and the edge.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

jsmorley wrote:Minor nit:

Not sure if this is in any way related to the stuff you have done, but maybe it is something that can be customized somewhere I don't see. When you have word wrap on, the text wraps at exactly the edge of the work area, jammed up against the vertical scroll bar on the right. You can set the "column to wrap on", but then it becomes a fixed point and doesn't follow when the window is resized.

It would be nice if like in Notepad++, it had just a tad of buffer between the wrapped text and the edge.
I browsed around in possible settings but didn't find any that can change this. I also tried different themes but to no avail. Turning on the minimap helps a little but that costs screen space.
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

Found another Typo

when you add a space behind these functions they are read as known functions, but this here is correct usage
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

I didn't do anything for Lua. If there is a problem with Lua code highlighting, that's the fault of the people who created the default Lua package that comes shipped with Sublime Text.
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

MerlinTheRed wrote:I didn't do anything for Lua. If there is a problem with Lua code highlighting, that's the fault of the people who created the default Lua package that comes shipped with Sublime Text.
oh right my fault
lol : headbang :
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Does someone know in what order the different types of variables get parsed and replaced? Which one will be replaced first if I have a section name inside a variable name or vice-versa:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
LeftMouseUpAction=!SetVariable Something "[MeasureNumber#CurrentNumber#]"

[Variables]
SomeVariable=#OtherVariable[Counter]#
Is such a thing even possible or should I not highlight anything at all in this case? What if it gets more complicated:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
LeftMouseUpAction=!SetVariable Something "[MeasureNumber#CurrentNumber#]"

[Variables]
OtherVariable[Counter]=5
SomeVariable=#OtherVariable[Counter]#
CurrentNumber=5

[MeasureNumber#CurrentNumber#]
Measure=Calc
Formula=MeasureNumber#CurrentNumber#+#OtherVariable[Counter]#

[Counter]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(Counter+1)%10
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I'll test this in a moment (so watch this post for edits), but I don't think you can ever have a section variable inside a variable (as in #Variable[Section]#). You can have regular variables inside section variables ([Section#Variable#]).

EDIT: Confirmed.