It is currently April 25th, 2024, 10:21 am

Sublime Text 2 Rainmeter package

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
thatsIch

Re: Sublime Text 2 Rainmeter package

Post by thatsIch »

Just wanted to share all ST2 Users

http://www.sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1604&start=0

This is a plugin for incrementing stuff which is fairly often used in RM.

Installation:
- create new folder and copy all files there in your package folder
- if the keybinding isnt working, edit your own user-keybind

Usage:

Start with your Meter/Measure you want to clone

Code: Select all

[Test0]
Meter = String
MeterStyle = daStyle
now copy it all time you need

[Test0]
Meter = String
MeterStyle = daStyle

[Test0]
Meter = String
MeterStyle = daStyle

[Test0]
Meter = String
MeterStyle = daStyle
select all the 0's with find all 0 or regexp Test\d

[Test0]
Meter = String
MeterStyle = daStyle
now copy it all time you need

[Test[b]0[/b]]
Meter = String
MeterStyle = daStyle

[Test[b]0[/b]]
Meter = String
MeterStyle = daStyle

[Test[b]0[/b]]
Meter = String
MeterStyle = daStyle
press CTRL + ALT + N (default) and youll see a prompt. there you can see which number you want to start and how many times you want to do it. Confirm with enter and see the magic =)
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Updated README with more detailed instructions.

Added instructions for installation with Package Control (manually adding the repository for now, until it gets added to the default channel). This is now the recommended way of installing and updating.

Fixed some autocompletions and highlighting issues.

The package has a project website now: http://merlinthered.github.com/sublime-rainmeter/
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

€: nvm havent read it correctly.
but im kinda confused by the installation instruction on http://merlinthered.github.com/sublime-rainmeter/

nothing happens after ctrl + shift + p and entering the repository oO
what is expected to happen?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Great stuff Merlin!!!

The package manager installation worked exactly as described and shows the Rainmeter package if there is an update available.
Much easier than manually installing, very nice! :great:

Two issues I experienced:

1.) After installing the package, I was not able to change color schemes until I manually edited the rainmeter.sublime-settings file in the Rainmeter package folder; I removed the first line that set the default color scheme.

My rainmeter.sublime-settings file now looks like this:

{
	"tab_size": 1,
	"translate_tabes_to_spaces": true,
	"extensions":
	[
		"inc",
		"ini"
	]
}
After saving it I can select any of the color schemes from ST2. :D
This may have been left from one of my previous installs, but this may help if anyone else experiences this issue.

2.) I modified the STRING METER snippet; it showed METERSTYLE= instead of STRINGSTYLE=...
(I think I saw mention of this earlier, but it was still this way in the package update.)

I like what you have done with the snippets! I have been using JS Morley's RainSend with Notepad++ and I like that his macro inserts almost every possible option when it auto-completes. I like that feature because in some cases I was not aware of some of the available options...

I modified all of the meter snippets to include all seldom used options commented out (of course). Modded: Bar, Bitmap, Button, Histogram, Image, Line, Rotator, Roundline, and String.

I will continue to try to break something (I'm pretty good at that!) and let you know.

Thanks for all of your great work on this package! :thumbup:
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Beautiful site Merlin, in such a short time! :) You have really dug into Sublime.

P.S Which font is that?
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

KreAch3R wrote:Beautiful site Merlin, in such a short time! :) You have really dug into Sublime.

P.S Which font is that?
That site is auto-generated by github from my README file and styled using a predefined style. Took about 10 seconds to set up. github rocks. I don't know what the font is. Perhaps you can see it in the site source?
eclectic-tech wrote:Great stuff Merlin!!!

The package manager installation worked exactly as described and shows the Rainmeter package if there is an update available.
Much easier than manually installing, very nice! :great:

Two issues I experienced:

1.) After installing the package, I was not able to change color schemes until I manually edited the rainmeter.sublime-settings file in the Rainmeter package folder; I removed the first line that set the default color scheme.

My rainmeter.sublime-settings file now looks like this:

{
	"tab_size": 1,
	"translate_tabes_to_spaces": true,
	"extensions":
	[
		"inc",
		"ini"
	]
}
After saving it I can select any of the color schemes from ST2. :D
This may have been left from one of my previous installs, but this may help if anyone else experiences this issue.
Thanks for the report. I'll have to investigate. I didn't really test this before releasing those instructions. I just assumed that the User configuration file would override the other one.

I've just tested it and I can override the default color scheme no problem. My Rainmeter.sublime-settings in the Package directory still has the default one. My Rainmeter.sublime-settings in the User directory looks like this:

{
	"color_scheme": "Packages/Rainmeter/RainLexer.tmTheme"
}
The theme is applied without a hassle. Are you sure you didn't perhaps forget the curly braces or gave the file a wrong name somehow?
eclectic-tech wrote: 2.) I modified the STRING METER snippet; it showed METERSTYLE= instead of STRINGSTYLE=...
(I think I saw mention of this earlier, but it was still this way in the package update.)

I like what you have done with the snippets! I have been using JS Morley's RainSend with Notepad++ and I like that his macro inserts almost every possible option when it auto-completes. I like that feature because in some cases I was not aware of some of the available options...

I modified all of the meter snippets to include all seldom used options commented out (of course). Modded: Bar, Bitmap, Button, Histogram, Image, Line, Rotator, Roundline, and String.

I will continue to try to break something (I'm pretty good at that!) and let you know.

Thanks for all of your great work on this package! :thumbup:
The MeterStyle is there on purpose. The idea is that most of the time you either use a MeterStyle to style a string meter, or you set all the options in the meter itself.

If you cycle through the fields in the snippet using tab you will notice that the whole MeterStyle line is selected before the cursor goes to the place after the "=". Also, the whole part with the font specification is selected before you jump into the separate settings. This is to make it easier to delete one of those parts completely and only use the other.

StringStyle isn't there by default because you don't need it that often and I wanted to include only the options that are almost always needed (so you don't have to delete all those unwanted lines all the time). Commenting the others out is another possibility but I think it might make the code a little cluttered.

Thanks for your willingness to test. I really appreciate that. If you are using those snippets a lot, I'll be very happy about some feedback, because I'm sure they can be optimized a lot.
thatsIch wrote:€: nvm havent read it correctly.
but im kinda confused by the installation instruction on http://merlinthered.github.com/sublime-rainmeter/

nothing happens after ctrl + shift + p and entering the repository oO
what is expected to happen?
I always get confused because I don't know what the edit at the top is referring to before reading the post. Making your edits below the text in chronological order would be easier to understand. Just saying ;)
Last edited by MerlinTheRed on August 28th, 2012, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I did an update through Package Manager about 30 minutes ago and received this error message:

The package installed after acknowledging the error, and my original cpu snippet appears to be working.

Told you I was good at breakin' things! :p
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

The problem is I can't really test this Package Manager related stuff as I don't want it to overwrite the files while I am working on them. Can somebody else confirm this? Perhaps you edited the snippet somehow?

EDIT: also see my edit above concerning the color scheme issue.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks for your explanation of the color scheme...

I believe the error I saw above was caused by my edit, since everything seems to be okay.

I did notice a depreciated tag that is not recognized:
!RainmeterPluginBang shows as normal text; that's what I get for looking at older skins :( ... Completely replaced now with !CommandMeasure

Thanks again!
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Do you think I should elaborate on the color scheme settings in the instructions? I did add a sentence saying that you need to put the opening and closing curly braces if they were not there before, but perhaps I need to make it more clear.

I totally forgot that both !PluginBang and !RainmeterPluginBang are valid. Will be fixed soon.

Thanks for your support. Please, go on testing ;)