It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:15 pm

Plugin: Chameleon

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
StArL0rd84

Re: Plugin: Chameleon

Post by StArL0rd84 »

Is there a way to tell chameleon what monitor to sample from?
It's nice that this new version 1.6.1.0 can tell what monitor it is on and adjusts accordingly.
But i have a different wallpapers on both my monitors,
and the skins are on monitor 2 but need to sample from monitor 1.
I tried using ContextX, ContextY, ContextW and ContextH values to specify the location of monitor 1 which is 0,0,3440,1440.
This causes Rainmeter to crash...
I then tried not to exceed the size of monitor 2 which is 1280x800, Success, no crash!
But it is still sampling from monitor 2 where the skin is on.
Reverted back to 1.5.0.0 for the time being.
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

You've got to fix the crash loop problem with this plugin man...

Users are uninstalling Rainmeter because of it.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Cariboudjan wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 5:25 am You've got to fix the crash loop problem with this plugin man...

Users are uninstalling Rainmeter because of it.
This may help:
jsmorley wrote:Note, take some care if you use these colors on a skin that extends off the screen. When Chameleon tries to "sample" an area that doesn't exist, that is outside the screen, it can crash, which will crash Rainmeter. By default, Chameleon will try to be "context aware", and sample what is under the skin the plugin is running in. This can be corrected by setting ContextAwareColors=0 on the "parent" Chameleon measure. Then it won't try to specifically sample the area under the actual skin, but will just use the entire desktop.
This "feature" is "ON" by default, so I disable this feature on all my Chameleon controlled skins.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 5th, 2020, 3:04 pm This may help:
This "feature" is "ON" by default, so I disable this feature on all my Chameleon controlled skins.
Yes. This really shouldn't "crash" the plugin. In a perfect world, there should be nothing you can put in a skin that should crash a plugin .dll, which by the nature of things will crash the "parent" process of the .dll, which is Rainmeter.

Probably need some additional error trapping / handling in the plugin.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote: December 5th, 2020, 3:11 pm Yes. This really shouldn't "crash" the plugin. In a perfect world, there should be nothing you can put in a skin that should crash a plugin .dll, which by the nature of things will crash the "parent" process of the .dll, which is Rainmeter.

Probably need some additional error trapping / handling in the plugin.
Yes, I feel this feature should be disabled by default, but that is up to Socks-the-Fox. :Whistle

Also, as discussed elsewhere on this forum, this feature does not play well with Suites of skins, where it can change the color scheme of a skin based on where it is on the background, thus destroying the continuity of the suite style. :x

It is a nice feature for single skins, but can turn styled suites into a "Rainbow of Colors"! :vomit:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote: December 5th, 2020, 3:34 pm Yes, I feel this feature should be disabled by default, but that is up to Socks-the-Fox. :Whistle

Also, as discussed elsewhere on this forum, this feature does not play well with Suites of skins, where it can change the color scheme of a skin based on where it is on the background, thus destroying the continuity of the suite style. :x

It is a nice feature for single skins, but can turn styled suites into a "Rainbow of Colors"! :vomit:
Trouble with disabling it by default now is that has implications for backwards compatibility.
Socks the Fox

Post by Socks the Fox »

I did a dumb. When doing the image cropping for the context-aware area I didn't account for a few edge cases, including when the requested size was taller than the available image. This resulted in a negative value, and let me tell you memcpy does NOT like negative values. I believe this should fix the crash.

I'm sorry it took so long to get to.

v1.6.2 should be available in the usual place here: https://software.socksthefox.net/chameleon/
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

That fixed the crash! Thanks!
Don't spend that donation too quickly :rosegift:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Socks the Fox wrote: December 5th, 2020, 7:01 pm I did a dumb. When doing the image cropping for the context-aware area I didn't account for a few edge cases, including when the requested size was taller than the available image. This resulted in a negative value, and let me tell you memcpy does NOT like negative values. I believe this should fix the crash.

I'm sorry it took so long to get to.

v1.6.2 should be available in the usual place here: https://software.socksthefox.net/chameleon/
Outstanding! Thanks!
Cariboudjan

Post by Cariboudjan »

You've made me so happy. :-(